jogging 3 axis works strange

More
22 Dec 2015 20:48 #67245 by kmeld
Hi,
I am using 3 axis home build milling machine on steppers.
It runs on standard wizard configuration.

I have strange behaviour when jogging. The thing is when I want to jog 3 axis simultaneously sometimes only two of them move at a time, and sometimes all 3 go together.

Does anyone also had this kind of behaviour?
What can cause this.

Cris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2015 22:03 #67248 by andypugh

I have strange behaviour when jogging. The thing is when I want to jog 3 axis simultaneously sometimes only two of them move at a time, and sometimes all 3 go together.

Keyboard jogging?

This could potentially be the key rollover behaviour of your keyboard.

More
22 Dec 2015 23:40 #67250 by cradek
Replied by cradek on topic jogging 3 axis works strange
How are you jogging and with what GUI? Can you tell us how to reproduce the problem you see, using a sim configuration?

More
23 Dec 2015 11:49 #67262 by kmeld
Replied by kmeld on topic jogging 3 axis works strange

How are you jogging and with what GUI? Can you tell us how to reproduce the problem you see, using a sim configuration?

I am using AXIS GUI.

I do not know how to reproduce problem with sim configuration. (I am not familiar with sim configuration). Bu also I cannot tell how to reproduce problem, in a stable way, with my configuration. This problem shows up randomly.

Yes this is happening when jogging with keyboard.
I use standard arrows and PgUp, PgDN keys. If I use combination of three not always all three axis move in the same time. But always at least two are moving. If this happens there is no difference if I press all the keys simultaneously or one by one. I believe only vertical (joint 2) axis is being switched off.
So if for example I jog X and Z in the same time and press arrow key to jog Y in the same time, Z stops moving. (But this is not happening always).
I am peaty sure that right after switching on and homing all 3 axis are moving together, and that this problem shows up after I run a program.

Cris.

More
23 Dec 2015 13:30 - 23 Dec 2015 13:33 #67264 by Todd Zuercher
Is it that the Z axis is stalling (motor stops but DRO keeps moving) or is it as if you stopped pressing the Z jog button? (I must say I've never tried to jog 3 axis simultaneously.)
Last edit: 23 Dec 2015 13:33 by Todd Zuercher.

More
30 Dec 2015 09:03 #67498 by kmeld
Replied by kmeld on topic jogging 3 axis works strange
Hi,
I did some observations and it seems than situation is as follows:
1) When Z axis stops also it stops in EMC, so behaviour is consistent with what EMC expects machine to do
2) Previously I thought that this behaviour was random but it appears it is not the case. Z axis is stopped for only one combination of X Y moving directions. So if I go X+ Y+ I cannot move Z in the same time. If I relics any of X or Y jogging key Z starts to move. It stoops expediently if I hold this combination of arrows.

Cris.

More
30 Dec 2015 11:51 #67502 by andypugh

2) Previously I thought that this behaviour was random but it appears it is not the case. Z axis is stopped for only one combination of X Y moving directions. So if I go X+ Y+ I cannot move Z in the same time. If I relics any of X or Y jogging key Z starts to move.

I think it is probably this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_(key)#Key_jamming_and_ghosting

If it is your keyboard then you won't see the Z moves in this online key-event tester:
unixpapa.com/js/testkey.html

If you actually need to keyboard-jog 3 axes at the same time then you might need to find a keyboard that handles more rollover.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds