Changing the positive/negative axis orientation

More
27 Dec 2015 17:17 #67376 by norbertfarquharsh
Hello,
Working on a gantry type home-built machine and all three axes home properly, but then two of them run in the negative direction to travel away from that switch and I would prefer it to be positive.
Various posts on this problem are on the net and after reading Homing configuration instructions and after reading and trying different things for a week there has been no progress. From posts, I cannot find [AXIS X]INPUT SCALE to edit. I cannot find a line 'set parport.X.pin-X-out' to edit by adding 'invert 1'. I tried changing the sign on axes in Stepconf and then the homing went wrong except for the Z axis. I tried setting the travel distance to a negative. And various combinations.
I notice that the axis readings after homing read negative values (-0.100) for the X and Y but Z is not signed and is 0.000 and that the values for axis length do not match the values stated in Stepconf for travel.
Attached are the .ini and .hal files.
Again I thank those that helped me with correcting the problems in driving two steppers in parallel and certainly will appreciate assistance on this problem.

Joe
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2015 01:10 #67386 by tommylight
From what i can see, you have latch velocity set to negative on X and Y axis, so if those are the axis moving in the wrong direction, remove the "-" from:
HOME_LATCH_VEL = -0.078125
to
HOME_LATCH_VEL = 0.078125
Regards,
Tom
P.S.
More info would be helpful.

More
30 Dec 2015 22:15 #67550 by norbertfarquharsh
Thank you for your prompt assistance. However, I have been gone for a few days so just this evening tried the suggestion and it is now running and I have tried a couple of programs which worked perfectly and am very pleased.

Joe

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds