Cutter compensation using wear mode

More
12 Jan 2016 23:49 #68274 by yaqwsx
Hello,

I'd like to use a cutter compensation in a wear mode - CAM knows the tool diameter and the cutter diameter compensation G-codes are used only for the cutter wear (the difference between nominal and real diameter) - usually small values around 0.01 mm.

I have tested this setup already by specifying the wear value as a cutter diameter. This has however some disadantages - the table is a little bit confusing and the tool visualisation doesn't work (since it displays a really small cutter).

Is it possible to specify custom tool table layout, so I could specify both diameter for visualisation and wear for compensation? If the tool table format is hardoced, is it possible to at least disable Axis tool visualisation (and you the default cone)? Or is it possible to write custom (HAL) script which would read the tool diameter from comment and changed the visualisation of tool in Axis?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2016 12:01 #68303 by andypugh
The Axis preview is generated by the file /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/rs274/gcanon.py
(Or something like that, use "locate glcanon.py" to find yours.)

it is an interpreted file, so changes you make will have effect next time you restart LinuxCNC.

I would suggest that changing the ==0 in line 1131
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...274/glcanon.py#L1131
to something like <2 (for mm) should give you the cone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds