minum error and homing

More
31 Jan 2016 17:53 #69324 by wrongway
I can say that I dont know what I am doing as I am very new to all this I have a tb6560 3 axis board and I have it setup on a table not hooked up to my machine yet as I am still testing and building but when I simulate cutting the linuxcnc the stock . ngc file it works good but if I try to do it with a picture .png or .jpg or any of the example ,ngc files in the example folder it shows up in the window just fine but when I start the process it gives me a minum x y or z error different all the time and after that I stop the machine quit the program go looking on the net for help and then come back and start the program again my homing is all off it's all over the place no matter what I do I cant change it back to a starting point it just wont change the homing not sure how to change my settings at all could use a step by step so I can learn and my table is 4feet x 2feet with a Z axis of 4inchs so the real working area is around 44inch's x 20 inch's x 3.5inch's :blink: :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2016 07:17 - 02 Feb 2016 08:05 #69364 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic minum error and homing
Might want to look here...
www.gnipsel.com/linuxcnc/g-code/index.html
and
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Coordi...t_what_should_you_do
from
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CoordinateSystems

Normally you would...
Start the machine
Home all the axis
Jog the machine to the location of your material on the machine.
"touch off" to set your work coordinates

Rick G
Last edit: 02 Feb 2016 08:05 by Rick G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wrongway

More
02 Feb 2016 03:32 #69411 by wrongway
Replied by wrongway on topic minum error and homing
thank you for the info and I am reading but not sure if I get this...first I should go to the MDI tab and issue these commands? also if I do jog to the zero home start and then click on the home button it moves to half way across the part again and wont let me set it to any where else.
in the setup of the stepper motors there is a 0-0 ratio I think I have this right not on my linux machine I no booo windows LOL is this in inxhs or mm can I cahnge the movement amounts here say I have a x- movement of 20inchs do I put 0-20 here? sorry I am really trying to learn as I am very new to all this :dry:

More
02 Feb 2016 08:16 #69421 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic minum error and homing

if I do jog to the zero home start and then click on the home button it moves to half way across the part again and wont let me set it to any where else.

After you home the machine move to your work piece location and hit "touch off" for each axis, not home.

You can set your machine up for imperial or metric.

As you do not have this hooked up to a machine yet are you using a sample simulator configuration? Which one?

Rick G

More
02 Feb 2016 08:39 - 02 Feb 2016 08:40 #69423 by wrongway
I dont think that I am using a sample config. I did a steeper setup using the wizard and try to run a test that way and I get machine excese minimum I did a home on all of them then did a touch off each one x-y-z and now I get a excesse minimum on all of them at the same time not sure what I am doing wrong still I dont know if I will get how to set this up sorry to be so lame
Last edit: 02 Feb 2016 08:40 by wrongway.

More
04 Feb 2016 00:30 #69540 by wrongway
I have some of it figured out I managed to get the 3d-text to run from the examples folder but when I try the 3d-chips I still get minim errors is there some way to change what size the table is I am not sure how big a work piece it is setting up for my table is 4feet x 2feet in size and I can get up to a 44inch x 22inch work piece on it with a z axis of about 41/2inchs or is this not the right way to get to the size I need :dry: I would like to start getting it all working if someone can tell me what I am doing wrong kind of a step by step kind of thing so I can learn how to do this Please

More
04 Feb 2016 13:37 #69579 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic minum error and homing
Have a look in the preview window (if using axis)
You will see that there is a dotted red box that shows the machine limits, and the toolpath will be inside that box. Or should be at least.
You should also see the current G-code origin and the current position of your tool inside the work envelope.

If you press the "touch off" button and set X Y Z to zero you will see the path preview move, and see the G-code origin move to be at your tool-tip.

You can set X Y Z to values other than zero, too. Try it, attempt to get a feel for what this does, and how it moves the tool path around inside the machine envelope.

Typical G-code has an origin at some base part feature or at the corner or middle of the starting material. The g-code origin is _never_ at the upper front left corner of the work envelope where the machine absolute origin is.

Once the tool path preview lies entirely inside the machine envelope box, the code will run.

This will all make a great deal more sense when you start making actual parts.

More
04 Feb 2016 14:44 #69583 by Rick G

More
04 Feb 2016 17:17 #69590 by wrongway
I am trying to understand here sorry beer with me if you don't mind but here is where I am getting stuck now I got the homing thing down a bit but still cant get this or anything big like this to run I have a large enough table if I where to try and cut this out when I do get it all figured out and setup here are some picture of whats is going on
Attachments:

More
04 Feb 2016 17:44 #69593 by Todd Zuercher
If you look at your pictures, you can see the table limit (the fine dotted red 3-d rectange). The X0,Y0 corner of that is going right down though the center of the tool paths.
If you would touch off so that the current position of x and y (your machine origin) is something like x4 and y4. The file should run for you.

There are several way you can do that, you can press the touch off button and input 4, or you can jog over 4 and press the touch off button and press enter.
There are more ways to do it, but baby steps first.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds