Help-Homing in Wrong Direction After Power Outage

More
03 Mar 2016 07:41 #70950 by Dale Lusby
Machine has been running great for quite some time. The power goes out and now when I reboot it wants to run all the axis in the wrong direction during the homing sequence. Any ideas? I know how to change the homing direction but what the heck happened and why. I changed search velocities to negative on all axis and it homes in correct direction but moves right on past my switches. Never have had issues before (at least not with this).
Thanks
Dale

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2016 13:29 #70963 by andypugh
Can you jog in both directions?

You need to reverse both search and latch velocities if everything is backwards now.

I have absolutely no idea what might have happened, and I think you need to find out to be sure that it won't switch back again mid-job.

Maybe the pull-up power supply on some outputs has died? (clutching at straws)

More
03 Mar 2016 15:10 #70976 by Dale Lusby
Yes I can jog all axis in both directions and the directions (+/-) are still correct. I tried changing the search and latch velocities to negative and although it did begin to search incorrect direction it seems to go right past the switch. I ended up shutting down and will be taking a look more this morning at the breakout board and making sure it's getting correct power.

Dale

More
03 Mar 2016 15:20 - 03 Mar 2016 15:20 #70977 by Todd Zuercher
If it is going right on by your switches, check them, their power supply, and if their signal is getting in, this is a big clue to what might be going on. I suspect that LInuxcnc is sensing that the switch is always triggered, and is trying to back off the switch (why it went the wrong way).
Last edit: 03 Mar 2016 15:20 by Todd Zuercher.

More
04 Mar 2016 05:02 #71014 by Dale Lusby
Problem seems resolved. There was a power issue to my breakout board from the supply so you were correct they thought they were already against the switch. Thanks for the help!

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds