XHC-HB04 HAL isn't working

More
19 Apr 2016 06:01 #73581 by dannym
I have the ini/hal stuff loading without error. The LCD display works, and the handwheel moves- in thou increments only. The knob does change the axis selection. But none of the buttons work, including changing step size.

It was doing that exact same thing, no more no less, when I didn't have everything loaded properly.

The "20" suffix is just a local revision of what I'm doing.

So 7i92_general_XHC20.ini is the main ini file. I added a [XHC_HB04_CONFIG] section which gives setup parameters. I added HALFILE = xhc-hb20.hal to the [HAL] section.

xhc-hb20.hal is a renamed copy of a modified xhc-hb04.hal. The homing routines don't exist, nor does an A-axis, so that's removed. Loadusr got changed to the local name "loadusr -W xhc-hb04 -I xhc-hb04-layout20.ini -H"

xhc-hb04-layout20.ini has layout2.inc added into it. For whatever reason it didn't seem to be loading correctly.

I just realized xhc-hb04-layout20.ini still has a duplicate [XHC_HB04_CONFIG] section, but with different info. This might break it, but I doubt it would break it this particular way. I will fix this as soon as I'm back up at the shop.

Anyone more familiar with this who can give me pointers? Right now I DON'T have any error message to resolve. Just no actual response on the buttons.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds