HELP!!!

More
25 Apr 2016 04:51 #73832 by jlweakley
HELP!!! was created by jlweakley
I am in over my head. My brother and I are both civil engineers and we decided we wanted to build a CNC. I purchased the solsylva plans and the hobby cnc ez stepper motors and control board. I have built the cnc, finished the board and almost the entire machine. I just finished the control unit and wired them into the stepper motors and am ready to test.

Problem is although we are both familiar with 3d drafting and cad cnc is new to me and way above my head. I have installed linux cnc on the computer i am going to use to control the machine but I have no idea how to set it up or where to find an instruction for newbies, and I mean newbies. Please help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2016 11:35 #73836 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic HELP!!!
The starting point for a new build like yours will be the Stepconf wizard.
You will find that in the CNC menu.

(This is assuming that you have all the physical wiring assembled).

There is lots of stuff that you could usefully be reading, but you probably want to see the machine moving first?

If you are new to CNC then there are two things that you need to understand. G-code and coordinate systems.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/gcode/g-code.html
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/gcode/coordinates.html

Even if you are using a CAM system you will need to have some idea about the basic G-codes (G0, G1, G2, G3, M3, M4, M5)

I can't even guess what your first problem will be, so it's probably best to simply invite you to get back to us when you get stuck :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds