Axis max linear velocity

More
01 May 2016 04:36 #74094 by epineh
Hi all, I am setting up a new machine using Pncconf and a MESA 7i43 with step/dir drives

I have most things going in a fashion, one issue that has me stumped is on the Screen page, the AXIS defaults section is setting the max linear velocity to 100mm/min, which is a little slow for my liking.

I assume this is a function of a setting somewhere else but I don't know what that is, I've tried changing the servo period but that made no difference. Also played with the step on timing and space but that didn't do much either.

Any help appreciated.

Russell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2016 05:59 - 01 May 2016 06:09 #74095 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Axis max linear velocity
The maximum linear velocity that you see on the Axis display is set in your ini file.
In the Display section.
MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY     = 1.2

The maximum velocity of an axis or coordinated move is set in the Traj section.
MAX_VELOCITY = 5.0 - The maximum velocity for any axis or coordinated move, in machine units per second.

The maximum velocity of an axis is set in the AXIS_<num> section.
MAX_VELOCITY = 1.2 - Maximum velocity for this axis in machine units per second.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.6/html/config/ini_config.html

Rick G
Last edit: 01 May 2016 06:09 by Rick G.

More
01 May 2016 07:15 #74096 by epineh
Replied by epineh on topic Axis max linear velocity
Hi Rick, as I understand it as soon as I run Pncconf again it will overwrite any manual changes I have made, so I would have to leave that for the final tweaking part of the setup, I would have thought max velocity would be part of the Pncconf setup somewhere.

I guess I'll leave it for later.

Cheers.

Russell.

More
01 May 2016 09:31 #74101 by epineh
Replied by epineh on topic Axis max linear velocity
My bad I should have posted this in the Pncconf section and it has already been asked there, Mods feel free to delete this thread if you like.

Russell.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds