JA14 not homing...

More
27 May 2016 09:57 #75144 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic JA14 not homing...
If you want the option to jog both sides of the gantry separately, then you can use
loadrt trivkins coordinates=XYYZ kinstype=BOTH
Now at start-up the system will be in "Joint Mode" where you will have control of the 4 numerical joints rather than the cartesian coordinates.

If you are configured this way and you are using the Axis GUI you can add to the INI so that the system automatically switches to "Teleop" (XYZ) mode after homing.
linuxcnc.org/docs/ja/html/getting-starte...uxcnc.html#_axis_gui

So, with such a setup you would have a 0,1,2,3 machine at power-on, you could jog each motor individually to manually square the gantry, then hit "home-all" and the machine would run the homing sequence and then turn into an XYZ machine.

Without auto-telop you can use the $ key to toggle between the modes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2016 12:33 #75153 by dgarrett
Replied by dgarrett on topic JA14 not homing...
The option for switching to teleop was removed prior to the
rebase for joints_axes14:

git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a...4f3b4d534bcbf5350e7a

It is no longer optional (you can switch back to joint mode
after homing using the '$' key in the axis gui or using the
halui pin halui.mode.joint)

More
27 May 2016 12:45 - 27 May 2016 13:12 #75154 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic JA14 not homing...
I get the impression that the original poster is a new Linuxcnc user and is realy struggling with the basics of editing config files manually. Add on top of that the fact that there aren't examples posted of what he's trying to do, and the fact that Pncconf isn't ready for JA.

Upton closer examination of his config files posted earlier, they are going to need a lot of messing about with to get where he wants to go.

My second Y axis stepper should be on hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-03...

Is this the input for the limit switch of your Y2?

For your 4th joint (Y2) to be able to move and home independently from the master, it will need to have it's own PID, stepgen, and home switches.
Here is some rough adjustments to your previous config files that might maybe work, but should at least get you started and pointed in the right direction.
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 May 2016 13:12 by Todd Zuercher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjohnsonsa

More
27 May 2016 13:30 - 27 May 2016 13:37 #75155 by mjohnsonsa
Replied by mjohnsonsa on topic JA14 not homing...
Yes this is correct. I am almost there all that is left is squaring automatically during homing. I have no desire to jog Y and Y2 independently, I would rack the gantry! I want them to always run in lock step and only work independently with their own limit switches when homing. I have a working config on standard LCNC using the Gantry component and am trying to replicate that functionality in JA14 without using the gantry component. And yes, my Y2 stepper is input-03.

Thanks for the revised configs, I will give them a try
Last edit: 27 May 2016 13:37 by mjohnsonsa.

More
27 May 2016 13:48 #75158 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic JA14 not homing...
If the home switches are not perfect adjust the home offset to end up with a square gantry. The squaring is done during the move to home not while homing.

JT

More
27 May 2016 14:19 #75162 by Todd Zuercher

Yes this is correct. I am almost there all that is left is squaring automatically during homing. I have no desire to jog Y and Y2 independently, I would rack the gantry! I want them to always run in lock step and only work independently with their own limit switches when homing. I have a working config on standard LCNC using the Gantry component and am trying to replicate that functionality in JA14 without using the gantry component. And yes, my Y2 stepper is input-03.

Thanks for the revised configs, I will give them a try

But to be able to square themselves they must be able to move independently (for that squaring move at least)

More
27 May 2016 16:45 #75166 by mjohnsonsa
Yes, I understand that. During homing they would be independent so they each hit their respective limit/homing switch rather than stop on the first side that hits.

More
27 May 2016 19:21 - 27 May 2016 20:15 #75170 by Todd Zuercher
I was not sure you did. In the configuration files you posted earlier, your Y-1 and Y-2 are connected to the same command source joint.1, so there is no way for the 2 joints to home or do anything independent of each other. Things are further muddied by the fact that you had the Y-1 stepgen configured in velocity mode with a PID, and the Y-2 configured in position mode. (setting up the 2 sides differently like that seems like asking for trouble in a whole other context).

In the config I posted I set up (or tried to set up) your Y-1 and Y-2 configured as joint.1 and joint.3. in order to take advantage of JA14's new Trivkins kinematics that takes care of the slaving internally, allowing Linuxcnc to home both sides and square the gantry.
Last edit: 27 May 2016 20:15 by Todd Zuercher.

More
27 May 2016 19:43 #75171 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic JA14 not homing...
Just a point of info, not really important, in JA there is no Y master and Y slave. Just two equal and identical joints, controlled by the same Axis word.

More
27 May 2016 20:16 #75172 by mjohnsonsa
Todd, your file worked perfectly and does exactly what I needed it to do. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds