6 Axis Machine Setup

More
29 May 2016 02:26 #75208 by CanadianNC
Hi,

I've been working on retrofitting a monster 5 axis router with dual x tables and I'm getting along pretty well. I have a few questions that I can't find answers to and can't figure out on my own.

The setup is a 7i80DB with 2 7i77. All 6 axis are running off one of the 7i77 and the spindle and some other IO is running off the second one. The axis are XYZBCU (U being the second X table).

I have all of the axis moving EXCEPT the 6th axis that doesn't have it's enable linked to all of the others. This leads me to my first question:

How do you enable the 6th axis on a 7i77? I have "net u-enable axis.6.amp-enable-out" in my HAL file but it doesn't seen to work. Am I missing another line?

My other question is:

How do you use Linuxcnc and a 7i77 drive enable output with a drive that disables when you ground it's input? They call it a drive lockout.

Some quick HAL examples would be a huge help.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2016 03:26 - 29 May 2016 03:28 #75211 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 6 Axis Machine Setup
On a 7I77 the 6th axis has a separate enable so it can be used for spindle control

enables for axis 0..4 are named: hm2_somecard.0.7i77.X.Y.analogena

and enables for axis 5 is named hm2_somecard.0.7i77.X.Y.spinena

( somecard,X,Y depend on your hardware )

If you have active low disables its probably easiest to use a small relay

Sometimes you can use a pulldown resistor on the disable pin and wire the enable OPTO on the
7I77 to pull the pin up to the appropriate voltage to enable the drive.

I have considered using FormB (normally on) OPTOs on a variant 7I77 model for this purpose
but have not done it yet
Last edit: 29 May 2016 03:28 by PCW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CanadianNC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds