Custom GUI models

More
08 Jun 2016 14:49 #75687 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Custom GUI models

So far, I set my low pass gain pretty low so that I would get a reasonably smooth signal from the encoder. Not as smooth as I would like it, but it is reasonable. Then I adjusted the maxoutput and set the PID values to zero. Using that I adjusted the proportional gain until the command signal was ball park for the output RPM. Then when I adjust the ID values, everything kinda gets screwy.

Try strating with P, I and D zero and adjust the FF0 to be as close as possible target speed at one intermediate speed.

Then adjust the I term so that it corrects the speed at other speeds.

I suspect that closed-loop speed control with one pulse per rev is always going to be difficult to tune.

I am concerned that you get "roughly" three pulses per rev. This is a computer and digital signalling, there shouldn't be anything rough anywhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: danimal300

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2016 23:44 #75702 by danimal300
Replied by danimal300 on topic Custom GUI models
I have been having some problems with the pid.0.maxoutput, pwmgen.0.scale and pwmgen.0.offset. I have a manual finetune adjustment on my spindle VFD controller that states that I should set it to be 100%RPM at maximum duty cycle.

Should .maxoutput and .scale be my 100% spindle rpm?
Would my manual speed adjust pot take the place of the offset value?

I am going to add some more magnets to the spindle to ballance everything out. I have not done it up to now because it will fubar my indicator, but having it on the controller screen is more valuable anyway. I just wanted to have it installed to verify the rpm vs the measured rpm.

More
09 Jun 2016 01:24 #75704 by danimal300
Here are my Config files.
Attachments:

More
09 Jun 2016 01:29 - 09 Jun 2016 01:48 #75705 by danimal300
From here there are several things that I am trying to figure out. I now have 4 pulses per revolution of the spindle. This has been verified by the stand alone tachometer that I have on my machine. But with this configuration, the input needs to be 2.5 in order for the Display RPM to be kinda right. I have verified the physical RPM with a hand-held tach.

The first thing I need to fix is this error, does anyone see where it could be coming from?

Edit: Almost forgot. Debian Wheezy linuxcnc 2.6.5 G540 controller
Last edit: 09 Jun 2016 01:48 by danimal300.

More
09 Jun 2016 13:38 #75725 by danimal300

I am concerned that you get "roughly" three pulses per rev. This is a computer and digital signalling, there shouldn't be anything rough anywhere.

This is 99% of my problem, I am sure. I just do not see where the encoder input signal is being modified, other than the scaling factor for the number of pulses per revolution. Also the error appears to be non-linear, and the error changes with command rpm. The the 2.5 factor that I said earlier will put it spot on at 1200 RPM, but I am off by ~150 RPM at 400 and 2500.

I probably just need to sit down and really simplify the main and custom_postgui hal files, and slowly build it back up line by line. I was just hoping that there would be a more simple plug and play solution because closed loop spindle control is not exactly a rare thing for CNC machines.

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds