Spindle speed commands not working.

More
11 Jun 2016 16:05 #75822 by danimal300
I set the other PID spindle controller aside. I got it working, but the encoder pulses were still wrong and it is driving me crazy.

So I built a new config that is just a simple controller with spindle at speed and reading the encoder into the standard spindle speed display.

It works great, the RPM and encoder pulses are dead on, but whenever an S command is entered int midi or during running a program, the spindle stops. There are no errors, there are no indications, the spindle just stops and if it is running a program it stops to wait for spindle at speed. I have attached the config files, though it is almost completely stock Stepperconfig.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2016 16:06 - 11 Jun 2016 16:08 #75823 by danimal300
I forgot to add, if I manually adjust the spindle using the Axis control, it works just fine. But if I start the spindle, then run a program, the spindle stops on the first s command and cannot be restarted without stopping the program.

Linuxcnc 2.6.5 with G540
Last edit: 11 Jun 2016 16:08 by danimal300.

More
11 Jun 2016 16:52 #75826 by cncbasher
you will probably find your encoder is running in reverse , check in hal config that running fwd that the numbers increase
The following user(s) said Thank You: danimal300

More
12 Jun 2016 14:02 #75855 by danimal300

you will probably find your encoder is running in reverse , check in hal config that running fwd that the numbers increase

I have a hall type sensor operating only on phase A. Is there a line in there that commands it to compare the direction and include phase B? I could disable the CCW pin and see if that helps, I am not going to need it for the project that I am working on right now.

I can set the spindle up manually, and press play, but as soon as it hits the spindle speed command, regardless of value, it stops the spindle, drops to feed height and stops to wait for spindle at speed.

It does the same thing if I try to enter in a midi command such as S1000 M3

More
12 Jun 2016 14:42 #75859 by danimal300
It is somewhere in the spindle at speed portion. As soon as I disabled all the spindle at speed, it works. Can anyone see anything in the way that I configured my at speed?

More
12 Jun 2016 20:05 #75871 by BigJohnT
Just a note, I went to look at your config and I'm on a Windoze PC at the moment and a tar is no good. If you zip the file it can be opened easily on all OS's.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: danimal300

More
13 Jun 2016 14:01 #75918 by danimal300
Is there an easy way to zip a directory like this? Sorry for the lack of linux skills, I really only use linux for linuxcnc. I will try and zip them up when I get home from work today.

More
13 Jun 2016 14:48 #75924 by BigJohnT
Usually when you right click on a directory you can select compress and there should be an option for what type of compression. Pretty much like windoze except you get more options.

JT

More
13 Jun 2016 16:40 - 13 Jun 2016 16:41 #75929 by cncbasher
you need an index pulse which is one per turn , this can be connected to both index and channel a
if your using a quadrature encoder use one that has a,b& i not just a and b

'a' channel can be any number between 60 and 120 is usually good
with index being 1 per rev

to archive the folder , right click on the folder and compress , using tar.gz as format is normally used here
Last edit: 13 Jun 2016 16:41 by cncbasher.

More
13 Jun 2016 18:24 - 13 Jun 2016 18:25 #75933 by danimal300

you need an index pulse which is one per turn , this can be connected to both index and channel a
if your using a quadrature encoder use one that has a,b& i not just a and b

'a' channel can be any number between 60 and 120 is usually good
with index being 1 per rev

to archive the folder , right click on the folder and compress , using tar.gz as format is normally used here

I have pin 10 on Phase A and pin 11 on Encoder index. I have the encoder-scale = 4 and I have 4 pulses per revolution. Is that a correct configuration? That is what I needed to get the RPM reading correctly into the machine, and it works, but not when spindle at speed is enabled.

I have attached the tar.gz to this thread, but the comment was made that PC cannot open tar files, but I am going to try and compress with another format. I only use linux for my CNC machine, and I assume that it the case for a lot of people so hopefully it will be a little easier to troubleshoot if more people can open it.
Last edit: 13 Jun 2016 18:25 by danimal300.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds