hw stepper card, linuxcnc, top view?!

More
14 Jun 2016 12:01 - 14 Jun 2016 12:01 #75996 by andypugh

perfect, many thanks for confirming ... so I can have 1 THz stepping if I want (can execute on the hw step generator) and I communicate to step generator ever "servo period"

In principle, yes. However it probably doesn't make sense to have more than a few orders of magnitude difference between step rate and update rate.

(Also, you will probably find it hard to make and program your own FPGA more cost-effectively than just buying a Mesa card, the cheapest one is $59 and the price drops quickly with volume.)
Last edit: 14 Jun 2016 12:01 by andypugh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2016 12:08 #75997 by arhi

In principle, yes. However it probably doesn't make sense to have more than a few orders of magnitude difference between step rate and update rate.

of course, yes .. just testing the logic nothing else ..

(Also, you will probably find it hard to make and program your own FPGA more cost-effectively than just buying a Mesa card, the cheapest one is $59 and the price drops quickly with volume.)

I don't have a problem to program fpga I just have problem I don't have time to spend with my kid let alone invent hot water :D so of course I'm getting a ready/tested product ... I'm more interested in this as an idea then as something I'd implement ... attm my puny machine runs more then ok from a parallel port :D ... I'll get mesa card just for future updates :D ... the 2 daughters with a pci-e card solves kinda all my current and future neads :D + I was looking at these mesa links you gave me, I could use these cards for some other stuff ... but that's another story :D .. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds