EMC2 overexceeds maximum speed

More
30 Jun 2016 11:58 - 30 Jun 2016 13:35 #76832 by aleksamc
Hi all. I have big problem that stops all my work on machine.

I have made all configs in step config with normal working speeds.
But when I work in EMC2 (linuxcnc) and I move manually Rapid Z (move Z with Shift), it stalls. I suppose that it moves faster that than should.

When I increas speed in stepgen it much faster can move then I need. For example maximum speed 100mm/sec and motors don't have stalls on 200 mm/sec.

Very interesting and very bad moment that when program is running I see some jogs of speed in that time I have micro stalls and coordinate losts much.

How to solve this proble?

After some time was said:
After researching, I've found that I can exceed maximum speed from g-code. It's very bad, how to set automatic saturation?
Last edit: 30 Jun 2016 13:35 by aleksamc. Reason: Found new answers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2016 16:00 #76853 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic EMC2 overexceeds maximum speed
LinuxCNC will not exceed the acceleration and velocity limits set in your hal and ini files
(assuming the hal and ini files are setup correctly)

if you are losing steps it may be that your acceleration settings are too high

Can you post your hal and ini files and explain what type of machine you have?

More
30 Jun 2016 17:12 #76859 by aleksamc
Yes, I really have high acceleration 200 mm/sec. And speed 100 mm/sec.
When I configured my cnc, in stepconfig wizard was everything good.
I've decreased speeds to 50mm/s for this work and also have collapse always in one place.

I add file of rough program. When this program executes on Y40 coordinate I have stall of A-axis. If somebody can, please run my program on your cnc-machine and look this part. Does it works fine?
In this problem place, speed increeses, then stalls and slows down extremely. I wrote this program in ArtCam.
LinuxCNC3gb-Rotary_X2A_MM-postprocessor.com is postprocessor for artCam, it should be changed from .txt to .con.

As for my CNC machine, it have XYZA -axis.
XYZ - 5 ampere motors and A-axis is 2 ampere motor with planetary reducer with rate 1:21.

Video of problem work could be seen hear drive.google.com/file/d/0B2rjebZx9009MDk...bkE/view?usp=sharing
Attachments:

More
30 Jun 2016 17:55 - 30 Jun 2016 17:55 #76862 by Todd Zuercher
Have you read these sections of the manual so that you understand how feed rates work with rotary axis?
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/gcode/machini...r.html#sub:feed-rate
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/gcode/g-code.html#gcode:g93-g94-g95

You might need to see if you can set up ArtCam to output your code using "inverse time feeds".
(don't ask me how to do it, I've never used ArtCam or Inverse Time Mode.)
Last edit: 30 Jun 2016 17:55 by Todd Zuercher.

More
30 Jun 2016 23:13 - 30 Jun 2016 23:13 #76871 by aleksamc

LinuxCNC will not exceed the acceleration and velocity limits set in your hal and ini files
(assuming the hal and ini files are setup correctly)

I've made set up in stepconfig withard, file should be correct. But when I change speed in emc2 for example g1 a360 f5000 - axis stalls.

I every time have message about realtime error, Could it be something with computer? Tommorow I will try decrease accelerations.
Last edit: 30 Jun 2016 23:13 by aleksamc.

More
01 Jul 2016 00:17 #76874 by tommylight
If you have a stall always in the same place, that is a hardware (router or mill) problem.
On the other side you say you set the velocity to 200mm/min, that is 12meters a minute so it is way to high for most mills, some routers can do that without problems.
Also if you are getting realtime errors, open your ini file with gedit or mousepad and edit the Base_thread section to at least 100 000, if even after that you get realtime errors, set it even higher, and if even that does not help, change the computer.
Give us more info about your equipment so we can give you more info on how to solve it.
Regards,

More
02 Jul 2016 19:38 #76922 by aleksamc
Currently I have changed my computer because when I loaded program more then 5 Mb, computers sends comands to stepper motors with terrible jerks. When I changed computer to elder, motion become more smoth.

More
04 Jul 2016 14:41 #76966 by andypugh

I've made set up in stepconfig withard, file should be correct. But when I change speed in emc2 for example g1 a360 f5000 - axis stalls.

5000 degrees per minute should be OK, that is 13rpm. But do you know what the maximum practical speed of the the rotary axis is?

A move that combines linear and rotary feeds will interpret the feed rate as a linear feed rate F = m/min or in/min
If it is an angular-only then the feed rate is degrees/min
Does this possibly explain what you are seeing?
Is the INI file seting for the A axis explicit that it is a rotary axis?

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds