Remote emergency stop

More
08 Jul 2016 15:57 #77184 by gaeldk
Remote emergency stop was created by gaeldk
Hello,

I have linuxcnc running on a CNC machine. For long milling operations I have set up a web cam so that I can see from my desk what is going on. :P

This is great but the next step would be to able to run an emergency stop on the machine from a remote PC (running windows for example). Both are on a local network (LAN).

I have seen that there are many ways to do remote GUI but what is the simplest way to send a stop command to a linuxcnc machine from a windows machine ?

Thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 16:22 #77186 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Remote emergency stop
Probably the simplest way would be to use a remote desktop viewer (VNC) to access the Linuxcnc pc, then press F1 or the e-stop button on the gui. This probably isn't the safest/most reliable way to do it but it will work.

More
10 Jul 2016 23:53 - 10 Jul 2016 23:53 #77275 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Remote emergency stop

I have seen that there are many ways to do remote GUI but what is the simplest way to send a stop command to a linuxcnc machine from a windows machine ?

If you have X-windows and ssh then you could have a tiny remote GUI with just a stop-button.

Try this, from the Windows machine with LinuxCNC running on the remote machine.
ssh -Y me@mymill
halcmd loadusr sim_pin halui.estop.activate

I haven't tested this, but I quite often use halcmd loadusr halmeter pin motion.program-line to monitor a job from my Mac.
Last edit: 10 Jul 2016 23:53 by andypugh.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds