Yaskawa v616g5 VFD

More
21 Jul 2016 12:38 #77769 by Ldguinn1
Yaskawa v616g5 VFD was created by Ldguinn1
Anyone hook one of these up to mesa 7i77? I found the manual for it, but cant find anything on the transducer that goes with it. Card that reads transducer has an a channel, and b channel but no index. Looks like it needs a wire to the forward run terminal, onecto analog input, then i get a little foggy. Thanks in advance!
Lyle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2016 13:02 #77772 by Ldguinn1
Replied by Ldguinn1 on topic Yaskawa v616g5 VFD
Think this photovis really big, but not able to shrink from my phone...

More
23 Jul 2016 12:03 #77873 by Muzzer
Replied by Muzzer on topic Yaskawa v616g5 VFD
Looks like an obsolete model, now superseded by the V series.

User manual here and here .

I don't see an option for a sensor input. Sounds to me like a speed sensor with a and b inputs(?). If I'm right, you could just run it in normal (default) open loop mode without a speed input.

Does the 7i77 have a spindle output like the 7i76?

Murray

More
23 Jul 2016 13:46 #77879 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Yaskawa v616g5 VFD
The 7i77 does have an analog output intended to be used for controlling a spindle, but it is a little different from the spindle output on the 7i76.

More
24 Jul 2016 02:07 #77897 by Ldguinn1
Replied by Ldguinn1 on topic Yaskawa v616g5 VFD
I have the correct manual, you are correct there is a resolver with A and B inputs and outputs on a different header. I guess what Im trying to figure out is which connections physically have to go to the 7i77. There is something called a base block that wont allow the drive to activate. So maybe the enable should go there? I cant seem to copy and paste from a pdf .
Attachments:

More
24 Jul 2016 10:48 #77903 by Muzzer
Replied by Muzzer on topic Yaskawa v616g5 VFD
Your manual seems to be different to the two I linked to. However, I'm guessing you should set it up for standard "2-wire" or "3-wire" operation. You either have one input for run/stop forward and another for run/stop reverse - or one for forward, a second for reverse and a third for run/stop. Depends on how you want to connect it to the 7i77.

If you look at the manual in my first link, you can see section 5.23 (page 5.44) shows how to reset to factory defaults for common modes such as 2-wire and 3-wire. The connection diagram for 2-wire is shown on page 1-15 and for 3-wire on page 1-17.

The "base block" input either inhibits the output or latches it off, depending on how other parameters are set up (see page 5-29). Not sure why this has been set up on yours but presumably you have a used drive from an unknown system. It looks as if you can remove this feature by disconnecting terminal S6, as base blocking is enabled by connecting S6 to SC (signal ground). I think you should stick to the conventional 2-wire or 3-wire schemes. Current drives have a "Safe Disable" feature but that completely kills the outputs and isn't recommended for normal on-off control.

A resolver reports the angular position of the motor, usually with high resolution. An encoder like yours only reports the speed of rotation - and the direction if you have both an A and B signal. You only need speed feedback (ie an encoder, not a resolver) for closed loop speed control of an induction motor. However, you could operate it without closed loop control if it gives you problems, although the speed regulation will be better if you can use the encoder.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds