Kinematics problem

More
18 Aug 2016 10:07 #78981 by bodhi_94
Kinematics problem was created by bodhi_94
I have a problem on kinematics... I adjusted electronic gear ratios of servo drivers... Lets say, When linuxcnc gave motor a signal to rotate 5mm, Because of electronic gear ratios motor may move more than 5mm... Are any procedure to get a feedback from servo motors..? And is it effected when implement kinematics..?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2016 13:38 - 18 Aug 2016 13:38 #78993 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Kinematics problem
Linuxcnc can accept many forms of feed back, including encoder feedback that is usually used for closed loop servo control. But I am a little confused by your question, and what you are trying to achieve. (I am assuming your servos are controlled by step/dir commands without any position feedback into Linuxcnc now.)
Last edit: 18 Aug 2016 13:38 by Todd Zuercher.

More
19 Aug 2016 01:57 #79030 by bodhi_94
Replied by bodhi_94 on topic Kinematics problem
Thank you for ur reply..
Im using 1 input and 1 output parallel breakout boards.. Or Do i need to use mesa board to achive that goal?

More
19 Aug 2016 03:28 #79033 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Kinematics problem
If you have noticed software stepping in Linuxcnc is speed limited by the base-thread. Reading an encoder with the parallel port is similarly limited, if encoder pulses come too fast they will be missed.
You can work around this limitation with hardware encoder reading, something from Mesa or something else would give you mhz count rates, vs khz with the parallel port.

Another possible bonus for using something like a Mesa card, is you can also have hardware step generation at mhz speeds. So if you are trying to shift count rates to get higher speeds, that may not be necessary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bodhi_94

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds