Error during stop on gmoccapy

More
21 Aug 2016 16:15 #79204 by YRCNC
Gents

After the upgrade to 2.76 (I am also running gmoccapy) I noticed that when I press the stop on the screen, the tool keeps on moving. Cost me a cutter just now.

Sorry for the bad photo. It was cutting the hole, when I pressed the stop button, but kept on moving, on its own.

Any Ideas please?

Ruben
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2016 17:53 #79438 by YRCNC
Replied by YRCNC on topic Error during stop on gmoccapy
Gents

Nobody have this?

Ruben

More
25 Aug 2016 19:33 #79444 by Todd Zuercher
You didn't say what version you updated from. I don't use Gmoccapy myself and I can't really comment on the details of how that ui works.

How responsive is your ui normally, and on this occasion? Does the Stop button normally work, but not on this occation, or not at all since the upgrade?

But just poking some guesses. The user interface through on screen displays is not a part of Linuxcnc's real time system and as such if the system is heavily loaded userspace commands will be delayed until resources are available. This can easily happen on an over taxed software stepping system with too short of a basethread. The only way to prevent this is to have a hard button connected to a real time pin in hal instead of through userspace.

More
26 Aug 2016 13:07 #79478 by YRCNC
Hi Todd

Thanks for the reply. I have upgraded fro 7 to 7.5 and then to 7.6. Gmoccapy is still the same version. The UI is fine, I don't have any issue.

The stop button worked 100% before. The problem now is when I press it, it moves in it's own direction, not in the path via GCode. And yes, I press it on the screen. I have always, and I don't want to press the EStop. I tested the Pause button and that works fine.

If you look at the attached screenshot, I pressed the button on the blue circle. It moved all the red, before I hit the estop.

Hope that make a bit more sense.

Ruben
Attachments:

More
26 Aug 2016 13:30 #79484 by tommylight
Start that config without the probe part and see if it does that. Just a wild guess but could be it.

More
26 Aug 2016 13:33 #79485 by YRCNC
Thanks Tommy, I will give it a try!

Ruben

More
26 Aug 2016 13:56 #79492 by tommylight
You are welcomed, always.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds