Porting to SAM3X8E

More
29 Sep 2016 09:28 #81077 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Porting to SAM3X8E

I am constantly amazed at where we are today compared to the "peek" and "poke" era.
And we all still got it right WITHOUT the web....
Go well there

BASIC, Turbo Pascal, Assembler, TurboC, C++,Clarion, then it all got too hard with the Microsoft architecture. I vowed never to program again. On the weekend, I decided to teach myself Python to solve a problem and get ready for LinuxCNC customisations. In 3 days, I taught myself enough to run a JSON query (I know nothing about JSON either) against our cloud based accounting software, look up a child for each record returned and extract the data I wanted all in one page of code!

So the next task is to push reformatted data to cloud based Zoho report writer so I can develop reports and graphs to make business decisions so I suppose that will be another page of code and a couple more nights. Yes, its gone such a long way since the PEEK and POKE era but I don't think even in BASIC there was ever much of an excuse to use GOTO... I still can't believe how compact Python code is!

Oh and for Aubrey, I'll probably schedule the completed script on my Synology NAS via the nice web based wrapper around the Synology Unuix box. :angry: :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds