Maho 700 c project

More
18 Oct 2016 21:27 #81808 by moser-joe
Maho 700 c project was created by moser-joe
Unfortunately my Maho 700 C Control unit died. It was controled by a haidenhain 155b
It is time to overhaul the machine as good as possible and bring it to the next lvl. I am plannning to also learn programm generation once i have the mavchine set uop with linuxcnc
I am just a hobby machinist from Austria with relatively few experience, and starting to read on the page here to understand what needs to be done to set up my machine. The amount of info is hughe around herestill I only found one post regarding a maho 700.
Can someone give me basic directions as how to start on the hardware side of things. What interface do i need besides a PC with ubuntu and linuxcnc for a maho 700?
Has anyone rigged the same machine , is there any info on how to identify the connections inside the machine that need to be rigged.

Thx in advance

Moser-joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2016 01:25 #81817 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Maho 700 c project
I'm not familiar with that machine, but here are a couple of first steps common with any conversion.

One of the first things to start with, you need to take inventory of what hardware you can (or want) to reuse. Often it is advisable to reuse existing motors, servos, drives... as a great deal of engineering effort was usually put into assembling the machines original package. This assumes that any of those old parts are still serviceable.

After you have determined what motors and drives you are using, the next step is deciding how you can interface them with Linuxcnc,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds