Centerless Grinder

More
04 Nov 2016 20:58 #82450 by Matt Windham
Hello! Longtime machinist and Linux user here, new to the LCNC.
I have a couple of centerless grinders that I have retrofitted to use Teknic servos and Mach3.
The machines used to just use air cylinders to feed in and out. Nothing too fancy.
I've decided I would like to get away from Mach3 and I have bought a Mesa 6i25+7i76 (Teknic servos are being used with Step+Dir).
Is there a simple way to configure the software to only display one axis?
Currently my G-code rapids to .01 from material, feeds in to cut then rapids back out. Nothing fancy.
Any advice is appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2016 21:07 #82454 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Centerless Grinder
You can use [TRAJ]COORDINATES = Z and [DISPLAY]GEOMETRY=Z in the INI files, I think that will give you a 1-axis machine.

I am not sure that it makes sense to even use G-code for this machine. Have yo considered alternatives?

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/config/ini-config.html

More
04 Nov 2016 21:12 #82456 by Matt Windham
Replied by Matt Windham on topic Centerless Grinder
I like the flexibility of G-code. Plus in the next 3-6 months I will have enough time to replace the template and
follower system that profiles the wheels with a servo setup. I have 3 tool boxes completely full of different profiles.
They dont always work as they should and I'd much rather have it all exist in G-code.

I have access to PLC's but I don't think they would be price competitive to PC based CNC.

More
04 Nov 2016 21:26 #82458 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Centerless Grinder
I wasn't suggesting using a PLC, there are other ways to do motion control with LinuxCNC than G-code.

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds