parallel port pin assignments for gscreen

More
11 Nov 2016 01:02 #82690 by Ivan_The_Red
which of the many .hal files that are included with gscreen can i edit to add my parallel port pin assignments?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2016 01:50 #82691 by tommylight
what config are you using? the sample that comes with Lcnc? That is a simulator so it will not work for controlling a machine.
Make a usual config that works with your machine using stepconf wizard, after finishing edit the .hal file with the same name as the one you used when creating the config. You can assign the pins while creating this config. Test it and if it works, edit the .ini file with the same name

[EMC]
MACHINE = my-mill
DEBUG = 0
VERSION = 1.0

[DISPLAY]
DISPLAY = gmoccapy <============change to gscreen
EDITOR = gedit
POSITION_OFFSET = RELATIVE
POSITION_FEEDBACK = ACTUAL

More
11 Nov 2016 12:02 #82694 by Ivan_The_Red
i used stepconf once but it didnt make sense that i was creating a new config along with an entirely new directory and files. when i use stepconf should i copy the .ini and .hal files that get created into the gscreen directory ? if not then how does gscreen know what files to use ?

More
11 Nov 2016 15:31 #82700 by tommylight
You will have to change that in the ini file, as mentioned above. Linucnc is made out of modules, so you just have to change the ini file to point it to use gscreen instead of axis or gmocapy.
You have to edit the config you created, not the one that comes with Linuxcnc, as that is a simulator so it will not control the machine. The config files are located at
/home/username/linuxcnc/configs/nameofconfigyoucreated

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds