Help Create a shortcut for configuration

More
18 Jan 2017 21:19 #86094 by PABLOSAN2903
Create a shortcut for configuration
The following is where I arrive:(

Name___tc211
Comment__test
command__home/pablo/linuxcnc-dev/scripts/linuxcnc /home/pablo/linuxcnc-dev/configs/tc211(Command is correct??)

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

After

Compile and install components
If you create a component the same must be compiled and installed. In order to do this the following commands should be made.
Browse to the base directory of the linuxcnc installation, normally linuxcnc-dev:

$ cd linuxcnc-dev
$ . ./scripts/rip-enviorment
$ cd configs/YOUR_CONFIG_NAME
$ halcompile --install YOUR_COMPONENT_NAME

Attachment not found

There is no folder or directory, must first add a folder? Example: linuxcnc_dev / configs / tc211, created a folder and then did this.

Attachment not found

Can say i'm doing wrong...Gracias

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2017 07:19 #86131 by rodw
In the linuxcnc chooser there is an option to create a shortcut on the desktop. I used that to create the shortcut. I've added the rip-environment to a startup command in the IDE. I'm using Mint 17.3

I then copied the desktop shortcut and edited it to run the last config I have been using becasue I am still developing my machine.

More
19 Jan 2017 15:12 #86153 by BigJohnT
Most modern distro's support the right click with options like send to desktop and as rod points out the configuration selector has a check box to create a desktop shortcut If LinuxCNC is installed the command is linuxcnc linuxcnc/configs/config_directory/config_name.ini you can test the command in a terminal window then right click on the desktop and create a launcher.

JT

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds