Behavior of manual 'HOME' button seems to have changed.

More
22 Apr 2017 22:58 #91864 by wgpeters
I converted my Sherline mill to CNC, and am driving it with LinuxCNC 2.7

When I first started using the mill, trying out different gcodes etc, I could jog the mill to a safe position, then click the HOME button, and the mill would return to that position with a G28 code. I could change this position by jogging and clicking HOME again, and thats where the G28 would move the axis' every time.

A few days ago, this behavior seems to have changed. Now when I jog to a position and click the HOME button, the x,y, and z moves to some other position. I did not expect the table and head to move from clicking the HOME button, and this scrapped my part. (luckily it was a wooden part I was making for a casting pattern and I hit the panic button before it damaged the mill)

IE, its as if the HOME button originally issued a G28.1 command, but now issues the equivalent of a plain G28.

What have I done to cause this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2017 23:11 #92014 by BigJohnT
Did you change something in your ini file? HOME_SEARCH_VEL = 0.0 - Initial homing velocity in machine units per second. Sign denotes direction of travel. A value of zero means assume that the current location is the home position for the machine. If your machine has no home switches you will want to leave this value at zero.

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds