7i76e

More
18 May 2017 16:46 #93357 by Diederik
7i76e was created by Diederik
Hi,

I have a 7i76e card, that I'm using for a robot, and I now want to add a 6th axis/joint to the 7i76e. I got a cheap parallel breakout card, which I want to link to the expansion connector P1. In GPIO, I can read inputs, but I would like to use P2,P3,P4,P5 on parallel breakout board for step/dir. I did not succeed trying to link gpio, and suspect I will need some firmware to assign P2-P5 to StepGen's.
I suspect the mesanet link doesn't work? www.mesanet.com/software/ ... ? I want to see what options is available. Any suggestions are welcome please.

Regards,
Diekie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2017 18:37 #93360 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 7i76e
www.mesanet.com/7i76e_7i76x1_bstechx2d.bit

Is a 7I76e config that supports 2X of the common 5 Axis parallel port breakouts on the expansion connectors
for a total of 15 stepgen channels. It should also work with other parallel port breakouts for step/dir only

Made for this type of breakout:

www.ebay.com/itm/5-Axis-CNC-Breakout-Boa...3:g:4EMAAOSwtfhYq6sZ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diederik

More
27 May 2017 09:33 #93700 by Diederik
Replied by Diederik on topic 7i76e
Hi Peter,

Thank you for the Firmware, It worked well. The problem with the link was from my internet provider, I used a different internet service, then I could access the link. Thank you very much for your help.

More
26 Jan 2019 05:09 #124878 by Diederik
Replied by Diederik on topic 7i76e
Hi Peter,

Thought to also just add this to the discussion,
The 7i76E + Breakoutboard worked well, now I would like to use a 7i92 + 7i77 + Breakout board.
The current machine was working with a Siemens Servo, but siemens packed up, replacing it now with new servo. I want to continue using encoder feedback to monitor following error, but control the servo with step&direction. It just works smoother, and no need for painfull PID tuning.

I need firmware for 7i92_7i77_bstech.bit... or something like that. Do you perhaps have firmware like that? I could not find that on www.mesanet.com/software

Thanks in advance.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds