Developer Wanted

More
23 Aug 2017 22:10 #97951 by Plasmacuts
Developer Wanted was created by Plasmacuts
I am new here and have no clue if this is even the place to post this. Please excuse my ignorance. I am wondering if there are any US based folks that would be interested in contract work to develop a CNC control based on this platform?

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2017 01:57 #97952 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Developer Wanted
There are a number of list members here in the US. Some of them are machine tool builders, and retro-fitters. What part of the US are you in? What do you have in mind?

I myself maintain all of the CNC machines in a small factory. This lead me to Linuxcnc (to repair a machine with a failed control). And I've since retrofitted a half dozen CNC routers for my employer.

More
24 Aug 2017 04:25 #97956 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Developer Wanted

I am new here and have no clue if this is even the place to post this. Please excuse my ignorance. I am wondering if there are any US based folks that would be interested in contract work to develop a CNC control based on this platform?

Regards,

By your name, it sounds like you wish to build a CNC plasma cutter control. If that is the case, please contact me. There have been some exciting developments in LinuxCNC very recently and I think I am the only one who has got them operational on a plasma table. The new features allow you to embed sophisticated PID based torch height control right into LinuxCNC's trajectory planner where it belongs. The only catch is that I'm not in the US but that does not matter much these days when software is involved.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds