Cant get PCI-E Parallel Card to work (Moschip MS9901-CV-CC)

More
20 Sep 2017 21:23 #99183 by denhen89
Hello,

i am really sorry for opening an thread again, but maybe no one noticed that i have posted new stuff in this thread: Black screen after trying to install PCI-E Parallel card

I spend the whole day trying to get it to work. I really dont know anymore what i have to do and i feel bad to spam this forum. Its so late and i am drinking coffee, because it will be again late until i go to bed, but it seems i will not get it done..

Please guys, check what i posted in the "Black screen after trying to install PCI-E Parallel card" thread. I got it already to work that "I/O ports at .....[DISABLED]" does not anymore show "DISABLED", but after reboot "DISABLED" is showing again and i have to do this command : "sudo setpci -d 9710:9912 command=101".

Here some outputs:
lspci -vvv
Serial controller: NetMos Technology PCIe 9912 Multi-I/O Controller (prog-if 02 [16550])
	Subsystem: Device a000:1000
	Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
	Region 0: I/O ports at cc00 [size=8]
	Region 1: [virtual] Memory at fceff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
	Region 5: [virtual] Memory at fcefe000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
	Capabilities: <access denied>
	Kernel driver in use: serial

02:00.1 Serial controller: NetMos Technology PCIe 9912 Multi-I/O Controller (prog-if 02 [16550])
	Subsystem: Device a000:1000
	Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 10
	Region 0: I/O ports at c880 [size=8]
	Region 1: [virtual] Memory at fcefd000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
	Region 5: [virtual] Memory at fcefc000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
	Kernel driver in use: serial

02:00.2 Parallel controller: NetMos Technology PCIe 9912 Multi-I/O Controller (prog-if 03 [IEEE1284])
	Subsystem: Device a000:2000
	Interrupt: pin C routed to IRQ 7
	Region 0: I/O ports at c800 [size=8]
	Region 1: I/O ports at c480 [size=8]
	Region 2: [virtual] Memory at fcefb000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
	Region 5: [virtual] Memory at fcefa000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
	Kernel driver in use: parport_serial

lsmod | grep par
parport_serial         16674  0 
parport_pc             21896  1 parport_serial
parport                35208  2 ppdev,parport_pc

dmesg | grep parport
parport0: PC-style at 0xc800 (0xc480), irq 7 [PCSPP,TRISTATE]
lp0: using parport0 (interrupt-driven).

I read through 1xx threads on different websites where poeple had similar problems, but they did not have this output: Kernel driver in use: parport_serial , they just had e.g. "Kernel: parport_serial" (or something similar but not "kernel driver in use"

The last thread i found which could be helpful is this: bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=184806
It seems that i need the original drivers from the card manufacturer, but like in the thread descriped, it not possible to do those steps from the original readme file in the driver folder. The pathes are not available (3.4.9 kernel).

I added all the Driver files to an archive and named it same like the folder after unpacking the original tar.gz and added it to attachment. Maybe it helps to help me out...

Please guys. Without your help i will not get it done, because i am an linux newbie..
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2017 11:11 - 22 Sep 2017 11:11 #99249 by denhen89
Hello,

just want to inform you that everything is working now, but not with the same Parallel Card.

I put in an PCI (this time not PCIe) Parallel card with the 9865 Chip and it worked out of the box. No installation required :).

So, for everyone who has the same problem with an PCIe card (Moschip "MCS 9901 CV CC): Dont lose your time to get it to work, at least if you are an Linux newbie like me. Just buy an cheap PCI card with 9865 chip and it should work out of the box.
The PCI card was half the price of the PCIe card, and the PCI has 2 x RS232 serial ports (which i currently have not attached to the PCI card, so i cant tell if they are also working out of the box).
Last edit: 22 Sep 2017 11:11 by denhen89.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds