unexpected realtime delay on task 0

More
01 Nov 2017 04:04 #101097 by thang
here is my system info for core i3 and core i5 pc (today i cant turn on dual core pc :unsure: )
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2017 04:59 #101098 by InMyDarkestHour
I'm guessing it will have something to do with System management mode, as the dereference in the i3 & i5.

Operations in SMM take CPU time away from the applications, operating system kernel and hypervisor, with the effects magnified for multicore processors since each SMI causes all cores to switch modes. To quote from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Management_Mode.

It may be a case of these machine being unsutiable...maybe this is an uneducated guess.

I did a bit of a search and found this thread on stackoverflow

stackoverflow.com/questions/25399405/eva...x-centos-intel-machi

Link to the manpage of hwlatdetect
manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/man8/hwlatdetect.8.html

This will not fix the problem but should give an indication of what is happening. (hopefully)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thang

More
02 Nov 2017 02:29 #101172 by thang
Thank for your help very much.

I finally fixed this problem. It's my mistake when i didnt see in wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?FixingSMIIssues, there is a solution about using smictl to fix this at the end of page(section 10) which i didnt notice.

Now, i already installed linuxcnc(RIP build) use preempt-rt kernel on ubuntu 16.04. After disable multicore/cpus,i can get 7us latency with x3 glxgears,surf web and coppy a large file.

More
02 Nov 2017 02:32 #101173 by InMyDarkestHour
Sweet be sure to make a wiki entry :)

More
02 Nov 2017 02:42 #101174 by thang
i will make a guide about installing linuxcnc with preempt kernel on ubuntu 16.04 soon

More
07 Dec 2021 08:57 #228511 by Killer
Hi Thang, I'm suffering the same thing, did you happen to do an idiot's guide to resolving this error :) If so I'm all ears :) I'm not sure how to use "smictl", if you can help that would be awesome! cheers Rich

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds