Bugs/issues found running a lathe in 2.8.0 pre1

More
24 Nov 2017 23:30 #102320 by emcPT
Hello,

Using linuxcnc 2.8.0 pre1 in lathe mode, on a real machine I found the following issues. There is a possibility that some are not bugs, I am posting at the best of my knowledge:

1) Jogging with the jog keys (keyboard) all move the Z axis (up and down included that was supposed to move the X). The "direction keys" on the numerical keyboard are ok

2) When a program is finished and the last spindle mode was G96 (constant surface speed), when loading any other program (including the exacly same program that was just completed), the error "S word missing with G96" shows up, even if the program is ok. My turn arround solution was to issue in MDI "G97", then I can load any gcode file again.

3) I am using the "inverted front view" present in the top bar of axis, as I have a back tool post. When loading a new program this view goes away and I need to select again that view.

For now I think that this is all, if I should post elsewhere, please inform.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2017 03:28 #102344 by DaOne
This might be a better place to post bugs?

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/issues

More
13 Jan 2023 10:26 #261788 by M4MazakUser
I had this issue, until I put in a g7....

More
09 Jul 2023 15:03 #275080 by andypugh
I have finally got round to looking at this. As far as I can tell it is only a problem with Axis.

The clue to this was that if you remove the G96 line from the G-code file and reload it the error is still raised, and the stated program line is always line 0.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds