Getting error "can't do that (EMC_TRAJ_SET_TELEOP_ENABLE) in auto mode"

More
01 Dec 2017 20:45 #102573 by jessehenkel
Hello,

I have received the error "can't do that (EMC_TRAJ_SET_TELEOP_ENABLE) in auto mode with interpreter idle" at random points over the course of a process I have been trying to run. The process takes about 20-30 minutes to complete so I haven't been lucky enough to get all the way through it without this error appearing, but occasionally it will run almost all the way through before the error stops the process. I am running Autodesk Fusion generated g-code on a 3-axis CNC. Does anyone know what this error message is referring to, or how to solve the problem causing it?

Thank you,
Jesse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2017 17:09 #102725 by andypugh
That isn't normally something that one would see when running G-code.

Can you describe exactly what the machine is doing, and what you are doing, when the warning is shown?

More
07 Dec 2017 13:31 #102740 by jessehenkel
andypugh,

Certainly. I am trying to mill out the inside of a 4" x 4" x 4" block made of UHMW plastic using G-code generated from uploading the part to Autodesk Fusion 360 and taking the g-code file over to my LinuxCNC via flash drive. After copying the file to the Linux computer, I run the program containing the g-code. Most days the machine runs without error, but some days the program will slow to a stop at random (always different) lines and the machine will give that error.
Simply trying to rerun the program after switching the machine from "run" to "halt" and back causes the error to appear again before the process can finish, but usually not until a few hundred lines of code are run. Once the error has appeared, I am only able to complete the program after completely closing out of LinuxCNC software and opening it back up.
Nothing is being touched on the computer while the program is running. I simply put up the guard, press "run", and step away.

Jesse

More
07 Dec 2017 14:39 #102742 by andypugh
Do you have any non-standard add-ins, remapped G-codes etc installed?
Perhaps the "Jog during tool change" patch?

I am trying to think of any reason at all why there should be a mode-switch command during G-code execution.

More
07 Dec 2017 15:41 #102743 by jessehenkel
No, I haven't used any add-ins or remapped G-codes. There is no tool change involved in my process (or tool changer on the machine). Am I correct in my understanding that the machine seems to be receiving a command to do something besides whats written in the g-code during its process? Could an ancient keyboard potentially accidentally sending keystrokes be the problem?

More
07 Dec 2017 15:43 #102744 by andypugh
It would certainly be worth trying running with the keyboard unplugged to see if that has any effect.
Do you have a touchscreen?

More
07 Dec 2017 15:46 #102745 by jessehenkel
I don't have a touchscreen. I'll give it a shot without the keyboard next time I run into the error. Thank you!

More
07 Dec 2017 15:53 #102746 by andypugh
If you are interested:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/fbe32a...emctaskmain.cc#L1079

So you can see above that all the things that you _can_ do in AUTO mode, and your machine is seeing one of the other things.

I _think_ that TRAJ_SET_TELP_ENABLE corresponds to pressing the $ key in Axis. I guess that would be an easy test to run (see if pressing $ brings up that message)

More
01 Jan 2018 16:22 - 01 Jan 2018 16:24 #103929 by cki61
I'm running for the first time in the same error. I admit that I didn't run the software with mill 1,5 years before without any errors.
Since then there where several updates.

Nevertheless: I start LinuxCNC after having loaded the data-file (appended). I runs till line 190 and stops.
No touching a keyboard or mouse. This happened every time at the same position.
I had no time to test my old files that already succeeded. I append the screenshot, so you can see the messages and the error.
I'll try later on to have a test run on a simulation machine.

Any hints or solutions are welcome.
All the best for the new year 2018!

Regards,
cki61

File Attachment:

File Name: Hannibal01.ngc
File Size:49 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Jan 2018 16:24 by cki61.

More
26 Jan 2018 16:53 - 26 Jan 2018 16:53 #105048 by jessehenkel
I didn't have any luck with unplugging the keyboard to correct this error, it still persists. The next thought I had about what could be causing it could be an inconsistent power supply to the machine. It operates close in proximity to an industrial paint booth, and the static electricity from it can cause electrical disturbance in the CNC. I'm going to try a more consistent supply voltage to see if I have more luck.
Last edit: 26 Jan 2018 16:53 by jessehenkel. Reason: sp/gram

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds