G33.1 rigid tapping waiting for linux to enable index?

More
26 Dec 2017 08:59 #103623 by CNCCustoms
Hi all. I seem to have a problem with rigid tapping. When I enter G33.1 z-50 k1.5, nothing happens. It seems linux is waiting for index. I have checked the index per some other posts here... I can manually set it true and then after 1 turn of the spindle it goes false. So index seems to be working. Could it be that the G33.1 command from Linux is not setting the enable index pin high to begin with??

As you may be able to tell... I've really searched the forum and tried all the advice.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Clint

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2017 12:30 #103637 by cmorley
I would also check the spindle at speed pin - I believe linuxcnc waits for it before G33 too.

Chris M

More
26 Dec 2017 12:50 #103640 by CNCCustoms
Thanks for the reply Chris. I've got some issues with spindle at speed as well. I've set spindle at speed to true for now. Could that be the issue??

Basically when I don't have it set to true, spindle at speed is true at 0 rpm and up to 600 rpm. Other than that it's a mystery.

More
26 Dec 2017 14:45 - 26 Dec 2017 22:30 #103653 by PCW
Did you check the index-enable and spindle-at-speed at the motion component:
motion.spindle-index-enable: set high by motion, being set low by hardware starts spindle sync'ed motion
motion.spindle-at-speed: (must be true)
EDIT
A post from Andy Pugh in another thread reminded me of one last requirement for spindle sync'ed motion to start:
The spindle position must advance by 1 for each turn of the spindle
Last edit: 26 Dec 2017 22:30 by PCW.

More
27 Dec 2017 10:16 #103740 by CNCCustoms
PCW you cracked it for me with that edited comment. Thanks a million. What was happening is that my encoder scale was inverted. So the spindle was incrementing negative on a cw rotation. The motion controller was waiting for spindle to reach 1 rev which is obviously never will.

I still do not know what the issue is with my spindle at speed. What is the relationship between spindle scale, near , and spindle at speed scale??

Thanks a ton once again.

More
11 Jan 2018 11:49 #104276 by andypugh

I still do not know what the issue is with my spindle at speed. What is the relationship between spindle scale, near , and spindle at speed scale??

That kind-of depends on your particular system and how the HAL is set up.

As encoder velocity comes out in revs per _second_ it is likely to be easiest to compare it to the motion.spindle-speed-out-rps HAL pin and not use the scale component.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds