what parameters has Mesa 7i76e

More
28 Dec 2017 08:22 #103781 by aleksamc
Hi all. Mesa has board 7i76e with ethernet connection. It's seems whery interesting for me. I think to buy it. Bit what parameters it has?
What maximum frequencies I can atchive? What maximum distance could be from computer?
I think to use servodrives with analog input s therefore board 5i25 will be used also.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2017 14:02 #103792 by Todd Zuercher
The max frequency for step generation are very fast (up to 10MHz.)

I don't know for what the distance limitations are, but I believe they are similar to an ordinary Ethernet connection. (they can be quite long.)

If you want to use both a 7i76e and analog servos, you would not need to get a separate 5i25 to plug in a 7i77 analog servo card. The 7i76e has two 26pin headers where you can plug in a DB25 daughter card like a 7i77 directly. However if you don't need the 7i76e's step/dir capabilities but want Ethernet connectivity you can buy a cheaper 7i92 (Ethernet equivalent of the 5i25) + 7i77.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aleksamc

More
28 Dec 2017 14:55 #103794 by aleksamc
Thank you for you answer Todd Zuercher. I will follow your advice.

More
29 Dec 2017 09:25 #103814 by aleksamc
I have one more question about MESA card. Does they have good interference robustness? I have servo drives and they are very good sources of interference. Will Mesa card cope with this task?

More
29 Dec 2017 09:34 #103815 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic what parameters has Mesa 7i76e
I am using my 7i76e on a plasma machine which is a very noisy environment and I've never had a problem related to noise. ONe advantage is that you can use 24 volts for all of your signals and this goes a long way towards eliminating noise compared with say a 5 volt or 12 volt system .

More
29 Dec 2017 11:10 #103818 by aleksamc
Yes, but I need to use 5V for step/dir or +- 10V for analog operation. It would be very dissapointed if interference will affect into machine.
Dear rodw. Does you have any source of interference in the cabinet near your 7i76e board like Freaquency inverter or servo drive?

More
29 Dec 2017 11:31 #103819 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic what parameters has Mesa 7i76e
No, just 300 volts DC from a noisy plasma arc. All of my 5 volt step/dir signals have been properly shielded and have been kept as short as possible.

The mesa cards are of industrial quality and designed to handle the conditions you might expect in any industrial CNC environment. Noise will be the last thing you have to worry about if you build your machine properly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aleksamc

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds