Linuxcnc motion backwards (adaptive-feed negative value) and nothing happens

More
17 Jan 2018 05:21 - 17 Jan 2018 05:43 #104601 by Grotius
Hi,

I just have succesfully did a git clone of github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc.git

installation complete. Did it 2 times to practice. Problem yesterday was i needed to install the needed build packages.

Now i don't know how to clone the reverse run version : github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/feature/reverse-run-master2
If i select clone on the git site, i always get the same adres : github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc.git

How to get the reserve run version?

Merging by 25 files by hand, i will try, see picture. Maybe it's gonna work.

I expect a adres like : github.com/LinuxCNC/reverse version... git

I have also made a comment on git : github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/pull/397
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jan 2018 05:43 by Grotius.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2018 06:43 #104608 by rodw
A different branch but here is what Dewey gave me
1) if building from source:
     a) $ git fetch
     b) $ git reset --hard origin/dgarr/external_offsets
     c) $ cd the_src_dir; make && sudo make setuid

where the_src_dir usually will be linuxcnc_dev

This will replace your version of master with the branch. You can follow the same instructions to go back to master.
There is a way to merge and rebase branches but you can get into trouble quickly. I did it once and then had to delete everything and start again. Google "Git merge" and "git rebase" and see what you find. There should be a source editor that allows you to view 2 files side by side and accept or reject changes. Maybe someone can chip in. I suspect that it would be best to do the edits by hand rather than just blindly adopt it but someone more experienced might chip in.

More
17 Jan 2018 11:19 - 17 Jan 2018 11:26 #104616 by Grotius
@Rodw,

Hi,

I merged by hand 25 files, one file had 180 correction's.
i did the compare by hand with the current master branche.

It's working now. Was not easy. But in the end it's working.

Also with compiling i had to solve several incomplete statement's. But all i think solved without damaging the code.
I have made a short video with my old mobile phone

Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jan 2018 11:26 by Grotius.

More
17 Jan 2018 11:26 #104617 by rodw
Great work! I think I would be asking on the developers mailing list how to push your own branch back into Linuxcnc. Then once tested, see if they will merge your code into the master branch so you never need to worry about it again!

I don't know how all of that works. :(

More
17 Jan 2018 12:10 #104618 by Grotius
Hi Rodw,

I tested also gscreen. This is also good working with negative speed commands.
I will put it later on the git. i have already a account over there.
Attachments:

More
17 Jan 2018 12:24 #104619 by rodw
I think thats great. Anything to make it easier to use plasma machines in LinuxCNC has my full support (not that means much in the scheme of things). We need better support for plasma machines in Linuxcnc and until we have people like you who are manufacturers, progress is slow! If I can help, just ask!

More
22 Jan 2018 10:23 #104837 by rudydp
I am also just starting to look into this adaptive feed with reverse. You seem to have it working now.

Which version of linuxcnc are you using now and which versions did you use to get this far?

I have found reverse-run-2.7, reverse-run-2.7-rebase, and reverse-master, reverse-master2 and reverse-master3.

It is a bit confusing and a lot of the work seems quite old (2015). Have you placed anything at github yet?

More
22 Jan 2018 16:46 - 22 Jan 2018 19:08 #104852 by Grotius
Hi Rudydp,

I am using the latest version of linuxcnc, you can find this with the synaptic package manager in your system file menu.
Search for example on the buildbot channel.

I have crossed this latest linuxcnc version with the reverse master 2. Here is the url for the reverse branche :
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/feature/reverse-run-master2 reverse run master on git

To compbine this 2 files was a very risky job, because you have to do 25 files. One file had 180 lines to be changed. So one digit mistake can mesh things up. But i had the time, and after all it works great !! It's a great function for plasma and tube cutter with 3 or more axis that have to go back to restart. So very important function for the future. Also for 6 axis robot's it's a very beautiful
function. You can go back with a reverse interpolation on 6 or more axis. That's wat it looks like.

Rudydp, you must compile my version of linux yourself, i have a little tekst document how to do that. Important is that you follow all the steps, because if you new with this, it can be very difficult.

I will look to place it on the git. Else i can make a download link for you.

For info : I have compiled the new adaptive feed version again yesterday. It compiles good. Also i compiled the latest linuxcnc version. They compile the same, so it's good.

Okey i made a download link and added a nice picture from the forum, nice high reselution pic anyway,
if you look good, you see the bitcoin's logo in the head cover of the pinguin :

download link Linuc CNC negative speed non compiled version
You only have to registrate, after that you get the download link by mail.

We donate your 1 euro to : www.brainlab.com/en/
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Jan 2018 19:08 by Grotius.

More
22 Jan 2018 20:02 #104865 by rudydp
I have the 2.8 reverse-run-master2 branch downloaded with git and have build it and it does give me adaptive feed after using M52 P1, but I do not get negative feed ie. 0 to -1, to work. Is there some other command required to get reverse feed?

I have also tried to register for your compiled version download, but have not made a payment (not easy without credit card), so I dont know whether I will receive the download link by e-mail.

More
26 Jan 2018 00:30 - 26 Jan 2018 00:32 #105025 by Grotius
@project update.

Rudy has downloaded the motion backwards from my website and installed it. On the 24 januari i get this mail :

I have already a github account but don't know how to upload the files over there. Someone can help?
So for clearity : this is the latest linux version combined with feature reverse run master, maybe we can put it in the master
branche.

Download link : www.grotius-cnc-machines.nl/product/linux-cnc-adaptive-speed/
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jan 2018 00:32 by Grotius.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds