How to change glade "speed control" widget to negative value

More
18 Jan 2018 21:53 #104705 by Grotius
Hi i want to change the standard speed control input to negative value.
This because the speed control widget looks nicer then a horizontal scroll barr with extern value and button's.

Is is possible to change some code somewhere that this is possible?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2018 02:33 #104713 by rodw
I would have thought that putting a negative value in the Min Value box would have allowed this. I would also check the python screen handler and maybe the ini file to make sure they are not overriding the values in glade. I think Gmocappy keeps a preference file that may need deleting.

More
19 Jan 2018 18:12 #104724 by Grotius
@Hi Rodw,

The problem is in the glade program itself i think.
The glade designer works independent. For linuxcnc there are special hal connected things adapted, like a led or halbutton
to the glade designer studio.

So in this section, i need to see the source code or code that is be ready to be changed.
Then i can change some value's. Finding this file and directory place is in Linux a big job.
Attachments:

More
19 Jan 2018 21:17 #104729 by rodw
I'm not sure if you are on the right track (or indeed if you are using Gmocappy. I've circled the min value I was referring to in your earlier screen dump

Having a value of 0 here limits the range to a positive value

But the Gmocappy python screen handler overwrites these values as this small snippet shows:
class PlasmaClass:

def __init__(self, halcomp, builder, useropts):
        self.builder = builder
        self.halcomp = halcomp
        self.defaults = { IniFile.vars : { "thcspeedval"       : 100 ,
                                           "thcspeedmax"       : 150 ,
                                           "thcspeedmin"       : 50  ,
                                           "thcspeedincr"      : 5  ,

and if you look at the Gmocappy plasma sim which I am more familiar with, you will see that these values are also stored in a .var file (plasma.var)
# generated by gladevcp.persistence.create_default_ini() on Sun Jul 30 15:06:09 2017
[ini]
	version = 1
	signature = 41e519529d06885683da34f0f6da60585d0d3676
[vars]
	cutgapval = 1.5
	thcdelaymax = 20.9
	thcspeedincr = 5
	chlthresholdmax = 100.0
	thcspeedmin = 50
	g0gapincr = 0.5
	thcspeedmax = 150
	piercegapmin = 2.0
	enableheightlock = True
	g0gapmin = 0.5
	thctargetvoltval = 100.0
	thctargetvoltmax = 255.0
	thctargetvoltincr = 5.0
	piercegapval = 5.0
	g0gapmax = 55.0
	piercedelaymax = 10.0
	piercedelayval = 0.5
	thctargetvoltmin = 5.0
	thcspeedval = 100
	cutgapmin = 0.5
	enablekerfcross = True
	piercedelayincr = 0.01
	thcdelayincr = 0.1
	chlthresholdmin = 10.0
	piercedelaymin = 0.01
	thcdelayval = 0.5
	thcdelaymin = 0.1
	cutgapincr = 0.01
	chlthresholdincr = 10.0
	piercegapmax = 12.0
	g0gapval = 45.0
	piercegapincr = 0.5
	pierceutostart = True
	chlthresholdval = 80.0
	cutgapmax = 5.0
[widgets]
	hal-btn-THC = False
# last update  by gladevcp.persistence.save_state() on Sun Nov 12 07:13:20 2017 

So for this screen, there is plasma.glade, plasma.py and plasma.var to take into account. In this case, I found you needed to change the plasma.py defaults and delete the plasma.var file before changes in glade actually stuck. I can't see why negative values are not allowed.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius

More
21 Jan 2018 20:42 #104815 by Grotius
@Rodw,

Interesting information. I will try to do a example as you have described and will post the screen results later this week.

More
24 Jan 2018 20:33 #104955 by Grotius
@Rodw,

The negative value is now working in the speedcontrol widget. I had to do some research.
Problem is solved. I mentioned that the glade program is not very well suported with examples.

In the Gmocappy python code you can do a negative "min" value for example jogging, this works perfect.
Also i have here a update for. The keybord function has to date up during hold and changing / updating jogging value in 0.1 sec.
This should be perfect if it was so.

So i can write some code that will be updated the jog value every 0.1 seconde i think.
This option makes the machine more industrial. It's safe, you need 2 hands to do that.

You have also in the lib directory a glade directory with all the glade widget's in python code.
The program is reacting to all changes you made. But also confusing, because wich program or python code is leader.....

So in program override of speed override you can add -110% speed, but that is not good programmed. You see the program is stacking. It must be a dependent negative speed control widget specially for the negative speed adaption. That's the best way.
And also i think mentioned by this way. The adaptive speed is not the program override. It must have a separate widget to
work properly.

More
24 Jan 2018 22:15 #104984 by newbynobi
Leader of the widget is the top level gui that includes the widget.
So gmoccapy overwrites some settings from speedcontrol.py
But speedcontrol.py does have limits hard coded. That limits can not be passed by the main gui.

So in your case you need to check the limits in lib/python/gladevcp/speedcontrol.py
And /usr/bin/gmoccapy

I just pushed a bugfix to speedcontrol a few days ago, related to misbehavior at very low values.

Norbert

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds