Newbie with kinematic how to

More
16 Feb 2018 20:19 #106041 by Klinkz
Hi guys,

I come from a 3d milling setup. Who do I use kinematic 6axis (robot arm) let say to do sculpture.

Do I take the 3d cad plug it in and the kinematic will translate my 3d (3axis was work for milling) into a 6axis robot arm ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2018 16:53 #106719 by andypugh
That rather depends on what the CAM package outputs.
But LinuxCNC is capable of converting XYZABC coordinates into robot arm joint angles.

Have a play with the Puma demo configs (they have a virtual on-screen machine, no hardware needed)
sim/axis/vismach/puma
The following user(s) said Thank You: Klinkz

More
02 Mar 2018 10:24 #106839 by aleksamc
You have very interesting question about robot control.
I have experience with Robots KUKA and different jobs similar as you need.
I thought about your question also in the past but didn't anything.
The most hard way it to make your own kinematic, I suppose, because robot has many indeterminate positions, for example in 0 and 180 grads of elbow positions, you will see it from inverse kinematic formulas.

The easiest way is to use for example Power Mill Robot plugin. Build there model of your robot.Then build post processor that will give outputs of grads for each your axis and to use it linuxcnc. In this plug-in you will also has simulation of processing work. It's very convenient.

More
02 Mar 2018 10:32 #106840 by andypugh
LinuxCNC contains both a specific kinematics for Puma style robots and a general kinematics for any serial robot (genserkins)

It is likely to be easier to use these than to write something from scratch.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds