proma zip file

More
19 Feb 2018 10:11 #106166 by deslee848
proma zip file was created by deslee848
i just download a zipfile by toma from proma wedsite,just unzip and cannot use the screenset.please help me out so that i can use the plasma screenset.thks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2018 11:58 #106228 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic proma zip file
Does linuxcnc start with any config?
What version of linuxcnc? What version of Proma THC? More information would be helpfull.
And Linuxcnc does not use screensets, it has several graphical user interfaces and some can be modified.
Are you trying to use that config with Mach3 ? That will not work as it is not made for it, it works with Linuxcnc only.
Regards,
Tom

More
20 Feb 2018 14:44 #106237 by deslee848
Replied by deslee848 on topic proma zip file
thank you for yr prompt reply. i am new to linuxcnc. the version of linuxcnc is 2.7 wheezy.iso. as for proma thc i dont know the version as i down load it from proma website.

no i am not using the config for mach3. i do not how to instal the plasma proma torch height control zip file onto linuxcnc. kindly advise how to.go about it. when i unzip the plasma thc, the gui wont show on the linux cnc screen.

More
21 Feb 2018 02:28 #106264 by tommylight
After unzipping the proma.zip, right click on the "thc_toma.ini" file, select "open with", on the next screen click on the "enter command" and under it write "linuxcnc". That will start Linuxcnc with that config, so you can check if all the LED lights are off on the right side panel.
For info on how and what to change to suit your setup, please read the included howto file.
Regards,
Tom

More
23 Feb 2018 10:28 #106379 by deslee848
thanks.tom,

i have followed yr instructions but the lights are still.ON at the right side of panel. i attach a photo for yr eady reference.

regards
des
Attachments:

More
23 Feb 2018 10:35 #106380 by deslee848
further to my earlier msg, pls let me know which file i should edit in order to OFF the lights.

by the way, this proma zip file is for PROMA THC 150. Does it also work on PROMA THC SD?

Thanks

More
23 Feb 2018 16:11 - 23 Feb 2018 16:13 #106398 by tommylight
Edit the thc.hal file, there are already lines of code for inverted inputs so all you have tobdo is ommit the active line and remove the # in front of the other line.
You have to edit the ini file to your needs for velocity and accelerration and scale.
Last edit: 23 Feb 2018 16:13 by tommylight. Reason: added more info

More
24 Feb 2018 04:33 #106423 by tommylight

further to my earlier msg, pls let me know which file i should edit in order to OFF the lights.

by the way, this proma zip file is for PROMA THC 150. Does it also work on PROMA THC SD?

Thanks

forum.linuxcnc.org/49-basic-configuratio...hc-config-that-works

And this config does not work with Proma THC SD, for that you need a normal config as the SD will do it's own moving of the torch.

More
25 Feb 2018 15:11 #106492 by deslee848
i bought both models of PROMA Torch Height Controls, THC SD and THC 150. noted your reply that SD requires the normal config. may i know what do you mean by normal config?

More
26 Feb 2018 07:28 #106525 by tommylight
The "normal" config is one you can do with stepconf wizard and it does not require any editing of files.
You do need a touchoff routine in gcode if you are using a floating head. There are several here on the forum made by users like BigJT or Rodw, give them a try and see what works best for you.
This is for Proma THC SD only.
For the Proma THC150 everything is already implemented in the config, and it does not work without a floating head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deslee848

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds