lube alarm broken on last update

More
21 Mar 2018 16:01 #107675 by OT-CNC
Can you tell me what I need to change to get my low lube alarm to work correctly again? It comes up on loading linuxcnc. Yes, the reservoir is full ;) This worked in my last version before updating.

loadrt message names=lube_level messages="LOW LUBE"
addf lube_level servo-thread

net low-lube-level iocontrol.0.lube_level lube_level.trigger <= hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.0.input-13-not

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2018 17:13 #107679 by andypugh
What versions did you update to and from?

More
21 Mar 2018 21:43 #107701 by OT-CNC
Andy, sorry I left that out. I updated to 2.8.0 pre1-3669. Followed the updating linuxcnc tutorial using the synaptic manager. Previous version was 2.8.0 pre1-2762. I'm actually not certain why I'm not on current release 2.7.12? This is on Debian Wheezy. Which one is most stable?

More
24 Mar 2018 03:41 #107776 by andypugh
2.7.12 is the released version. Anything 2.8 is beta / unstable.
But I don't know if anything has changed (though I have a vague recollection of a discussion that suggested that iocontrol.0.lube_level doesn't have any effect. But don't assume I remember correctly, but if I do it was more a suggestion that it never did anything)

What part of the lube-alarm isn't working? No message or no system response?

More
25 Mar 2018 15:35 #107820 by OT-CNC
The lube alarm comes on when it's supposed to be off. The alarm message is on on startup. Red x button on the lower right of the screen.I can clear it out and it stays off. I don't have it linked to motion so I don't know if the system responds correctly or incorrectly.

I'll have to check the hal monitor again. I think changing the -not didn't make a difference for the alarm message.

More
23 Mar 2019 16:33 - 23 Mar 2019 16:36 #129376 by OT-CNC
Sorry to dig this back up...
My lube reservoir finally emptied so I decided to have another look and double check the float switch. Switch is working correctly meaning in hal display I see yellow led when triggered to low lube level and brown when full.
The alarm message also comes on when I manually move the float which is correct.

What is not correct is the state of the alarm signal on power up (startup of axis). It immediately throws the low lube alarm when reservoir is full. I can uncheck the alarm message and it stays off. Again, this worked on a prior ubuntu version and behaves differently on debian.

What should I change to make this work correctly?
Last edit: 23 Mar 2019 16:36 by OT-CNC. Reason: added axis

More
23 Mar 2019 19:52 #129390 by PCW
is the message edge setting correct?

More
23 Mar 2019 20:37 #129394 by OT-CNC
Probably not. I don't have a setp with an edge listed in the hal.

More
24 Mar 2019 02:09 #129425 by OT-CNC
I added:
setp lube_level.edge 0

Now I get 2 of the same alarm messages on start up. I tried following this:
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/message.9.html
Is that current? I didn't see a date on that.

I didn't get it to work. Error message is persistent on start up.

More
24 Mar 2019 02:17 #129427 by andypugh
What input is it connected to? It sounds like maybe that toggles at startup?

Maybe use a timedelay component (10 second on-delay and zero second off delay) so ensure that the message only appears when the oil really is low.

I have no idea why this might have worked with 2.7 and does not with 2.8. I don't think the message component has changed.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds