I need for help for config my cnc

More
17 Apr 2018 10:56 #109179 by mitakata_net
Hello everyone,
I have CNC based on microstep driver CW5045, which works well with Mach3, but when I want to use LinuxCNC, I have a problem.
LinuxCNC is installed on my PC, I start "stepconf wizard" and I introduce the parameters, when testing individual axes (x,y,z), everything looks good, the axes motors are moving. I finish configuration with save file and .exe generation. I run the generated exe, set estop and machine on/off, when you press one of the arrow keys on the keyboard, the values of the corresponding axis (x,y,z) in the program change, but the machine does not move.
Please for help and guidance, what can be confusing or I need to set up.
Š¢hanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2018 13:23 #109182 by Todd Zuercher
Do you have the driver enable inputs connected? This is usually the most likely reason for your problem. The "Enable" input on the drive is actually a disable input. In other words when nothing is applied to the input the drive is enabled, and it is disabled when a signal is applied. The test screen in Stepconfig does not send any signal to the drive enable, so if it worked there, and you have a drive enable configured in Linuxcnc, the drives are probably being disabled when you turn on Linuxcnc. The solution is to simply invert the output signal to the drive enable pin(s). By selecting the invert pin check box in Stepconfig or by adding the apropriate line(s) in your hal file.
For example if your drive enable is connected to parallel port 0 pin #3 add this line to your hal file.
setp parport.0.pin-03-out-invert 1

More
17 Apr 2018 14:41 #109188 by mitakata_net
If you are considering connecting the driver to the picture (.ENA +, ENA-: Enable motor input) - I have nothing involved on these pins
Attachments:

More
17 Apr 2018 14:55 #109193 by mitakata_net
pins I use and configuration:
xstep - 2; xdir-3
ystep- 4; ydir-5
zstep-6; ydit-7
the other pins tune them up that they are not used

More
17 Apr 2018 23:14 #109225 by InMyDarkestHour
Were you using a safety charge pump with Mach3 ?

More
18 Apr 2018 07:38 #109231 by mitakata_net
no, I do not have safety charge pump. In Match3 I just configure the motor outputs and speed and everything works without any problem. My drivers are directly connected to the parallel port.

More
18 Apr 2018 08:03 - 18 Apr 2018 08:06 #109232 by InMyDarkestHour
It would appear, from your photos, you have the power connectors, +V & GND, connected to the driver enable connector.
Last edit: 18 Apr 2018 08:06 by InMyDarkestHour.

More
18 Apr 2018 08:42 #109233 by mitakata_net
I'm sorry if I did not understand exactly. Power pins of the driver (+V & GND) are connected directly to the power supply, the pins (A+,A-,B+,B-) go directly to the stepper motors.

More
18 Apr 2018 08:46 #109234 by InMyDarkestHour
Sorry my bad, got confused on which connectors were which......your wiring is ok.

Might be best to post your config file

More
18 Apr 2018 09:16 #109236 by mitakata_net
I do not know exactly which files I need to upload so I upload both:

File Attachment:

File Name: my-mill.hal
File Size:3 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: my-mill.ini
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds