Touch off rotary axis.

More
14 Jul 2018 08:42 #114163 by l2-max
Hi,

My question is related mainly to AXIS GUI and might be to trajectory planer. From my yesterday findings I got that if I define GEOMETRY as to rotate around ABC (e.g. ABCXYZ) then linuxcnc treats all rotary axis stacked and fixed to machine table. Machine zero of the setup is intersection of all axises and by default it defined at HOME position. That is fine. "Issue" for me begins when I manually try to define new XYZ zero point different than HOME position by touch XYZ off. As LinuxCNC defines ABC fixed to machine table then it applies transformation to the trajectories inside preview e.g. if I increase Z axis then tool path is inflated, the same behavior applied if I touch off any other LINEAR axis in that setup.

My question is: How to setup ABC intersection to be always at XYZ intersection independently of HOME position (I remember Mach3 behaves that way)? E.g. If I reinstall my rotary axis I do not need to redefine XYZ home to match ABC intersection.

My actual machine setup is BXYZ (where B mounted on table and rotates around Y axis) thus in AXIS touching Y off only does exactly what I want, namely, offsets Y-zero point along machine table, however if I try the same with XZ then tool path in preview inflated/stretched as B axis location at machine table is not changed.

Thanks,
Maksym

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2018 12:10 #114370 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Touch off rotary axis.
I don't think that it is possible to do what you want at the moment.
I am afraid you just have to accept that the graphical preview isn't accurate.
It is still useful to check that the right sort of move is happening, but their actual position in space isn't correct.

More
17 Jul 2018 14:20 #114392 by l2-max
Replied by l2-max on topic Touch off rotary axis.
Thanks for reply, I got it.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds