move to Z0 X0 Y0 order

More
04 Aug 2018 08:32 #115595 by whoppa
Hi Guys,
I am sure this has been answered before but have searched forum to no avail, I am new to Linuxcnc and sure there will be an easy fix.
On my 3 axis mill when at the start of a program the machine rapids to the Z(safe height) X0 Y0 position to begin the program gcode, it moves down to Z(safe) first and if i am not on my game it then crashes straight in to my clamp which I seem to manage to position between the home position an Z(safe height) X0 Y0 position.
Can someone please point me at how to change the default moves to X0 Y0 then Z0(safe) so as to miss the clamps.
I am not sure if this should be set in the post processor or Linuxcnc INI settings or Hal file.
any help would be much appreciated.
If there was a way to make this the default it would be great, I know I could change my Z(safe height) but I only have a small machine and to set a maximum Z safe for a short cutter will cause limit errors with a long cuter when Z0 is set.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2018 12:30 #115598 by Todd Zuercher
That would be a function of how your postprocessor and g-code files are set up. It has nothing to do with how Linuxcnc is configured. It is just doing what it's told.

More
04 Aug 2018 19:47 - 04 Aug 2018 19:57 #115616 by whoppa
Replied by whoppa on topic move to Z0 X0 Y0 order
Thanks Todd new it would be something obvious, I have made the following change to the start and it seems to do the trick
Not sure why I am getting lines through txt on forum ,but please ignore.
Old Post
+
+ Commands output at the start of the file
+

begin HEADER

"%"
"G21 G40 G49 G64 P0.03 M6 T1"
"G17"
"M7"
"G0[ZH]"
"G0[XH][YH]M3"

New post

+

+ Commands output at the start of the file
+

begin HEADER

"%"
"G21 G40 G49 G64 P0.03 M6 T1"
"G17"
"M7"
"G0[XH][YH]M3"
"G0[ZH]"
Last edit: 04 Aug 2018 19:57 by whoppa. Reason: lines through txt

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds