basic question on how to add a feature

More
10 Oct 2018 01:59 #118613 by 7sharp
I am building a cnc plasma table on casters that will be used as a workbench when not cutting. I plan to roll it into the driveway when cutting and wanted to add a spray bar underneath to reduce sparks and was wondering if linuxcnc can be used to control a solenoid or would it be easier to use and arduino with hall sensor near the ground cable to turn on the water for 1 sec every 10 to 15 sec.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2018 05:35 #118619 by tommylight

was wondering if linuxcnc can be used to control a solenoid or would it be easier to use and arduino with hall sensor near the ground cable to turn on the water for 1 sec every 10 to 15 sec.

Yes and no :
Yes Linuxcnc can control solenoids with the help of some very simple electronic or ready made relay boards,
No arduino would be much more complicated for that, but you can use various arduino relay boards and control them from Linuxcnc.

More
11 Oct 2018 20:02 #118682 by andypugh
What interface hardware do you plan to use?

Many of the cheap BoB have a relay, you could use that to operate a solenoid valve.

There are lots of solid-state relay boards on eBay that can amplify GPIO or parallel port outputs, and some interface cards (like the Mesa 7i64) can operate solenoid valves directly.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds