having deb http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org/ wheezy master-rt in repository

More
01 Dec 2018 02:53 #121667 by jamby
Hi

I've got my machine where I want it with wheezy and 2.8 loaded and calibrated but with the Linuxcnc buildbot repository I am getting three new updated linuxcnc files every few weeks. Is this the recommended way to configure the update process or is it better to remove the buildbot's now the the installation is complete and lock down the configuration?

Thanks
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2018 06:04 #121672 by tommylight
If it is a production machine i would disable updates for sure, granted everything works as you need it to.
2.8 is still being heavily developed so you might run into issues when updating.

More
01 Dec 2018 15:26 #121678 by jamby
Tom

I edited /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/10periodic and changed the first line "APT::Periodic::Update-Package-Lists "0";" changing the last value to the "0" from "1". That should stop the auto updates I believe.

This isn't a production machine rather a hobby machine. How hard is it to back up to the last version if it did get updated to a point I didn't like?

thanks
Jim

More
03 Dec 2018 06:33 #121738 by tommylight
Never used that method, i just go to settings in the update manager and disable everything.
Reverting back is not hard at all, using synaptics or just uninstalling and installing the version you need.
You can also use synaptics to lock a version so it will not update, if is in the menu's as "force version".
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamby

More
03 Dec 2018 18:58 #121762 by jamby
TommyLight

I followed your advice and turned everything off in the update manager also.

Thanks
Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds