Logging ngc processing

More
05 Dec 2018 07:28 #121852 by mmax
Logging ngc processing was created by mmax
Hi,

I want to monitor all work done on my LinuxCNC machine and thought about writing information of the processing (milling) to a log-file. It should contain at least:
  • Name of ngc file
  • Timestamp when started
  • Timestamp when finished or aborted
It does not have to be a logfile, it can be any other way to automatically get this information and generate a monthly report somehow. Any Idea how this can be archived?

Thanks,
Markus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2018 18:15 #121893 by Todd Zuercher
I played with something like this for a little while, then lost interest, before I was happy with it.
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...e-studdies-ugh#44268
I didn't have the python programing skills at the time to do it the way I wanted. (and I probably still don't.)

More
05 Dec 2018 19:14 #121895 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Logging ngc processing
There is also this
forum.linuxcnc.org/21-axis/15513-getting...-file-name-from-axis

If you search for the author's name (ArcEye) in the code, you will find the blocks of code that need to be added to the axis gui code

More
05 Dec 2018 20:24 #121901 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Logging ngc processing
A component can write text to a file.
It can add some text to a text file when halui start or stop pins are triggered.
Pass a program name is not so easy.
It can be done by variable gcode then read into component.
Advantage is you dont have to modify existing linuxcnc source code. You can do this in slow threat. You can also use python userspace components. In linuxcnc dev version there are a few examples in src/hal/

Modifying axis source code is not a good way. Then better change Gmocappy source code. This one is better for integrating time stamp and logging operations.

Good luck.

I think for developpers time stamp and program name can be put on the list to expand the halui interface.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds