How do people "home" or "touch off" Z axis consistently?

More
07 Dec 2018 18:00 #122010 by deanforbes
I recently discovered Titans of CNC admittedly it is based around HASS but they do have some good videos of fundamentals

academy.titansofcnc.com/series/titanfundamentals

Yolu may find this useful
The following user(s) said Thank You: uptown47

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2018 21:42 #122023 by uptown47

I recently discovered Titans of CNC admittedly it is based around HASS but they do have some good videos of fundamentals

academy.titansofcnc.com/series/titanfundamentals

Yolu may find this useful

Thanks Dean. I've been trying watching a load of YouTube to try and bring myself up to speed on all things CNC. I've not heard of that channel though but will check them out. Thanks :-)

More
18 Aug 2020 22:14 - 18 Aug 2020 23:05 #178637 by wdcnc

I built this touch-plate.

So probably a stupid question with an obvious answer, but I can't seem to piece together what I'm trying to do.

I have a similar touch-plate, minus the button. I'd like to be able to call the routine using a keyboard shortcut (something like F3 to kick off the probe move to touch-plate) vs pressing a button on the touch-plate and feeding an input. How does one easily do this without having to eat up a bunch of screen real estate with the PyVCP?

If it matters, I'm on 2.9 using axis with a X Y Z setup. The input pin (13) would be shared with a tool length probe button.

I think I'm just trying to make something way more difficult than it is.

Thanks
Last edit: 18 Aug 2020 23:05 by wdcnc. Reason: added axis text

More
19 Aug 2020 03:23 #178669 by JohnnyCNC
I originally added a button to the Axis screen to start the process. The button is just way more convenient. I would think you would be able to do a keyboard shortcut but I don't know how off hand.

More
19 Aug 2020 11:57 #178702 by wdcnc
Thanks for the quick response. I'll keep digging.

More
19 Aug 2020 12:26 #178705 by andypugh
It's a lot easier to call a subroutine with a digital input than with a keyboard shortcut (oddly enough)

There might be the beginning of an answer here: askubuntu.com/questions/1202265/start-py...th-keyboard-shortcut

If you can get a keyboard shortcut to run _any_ python script then you are half way there. Then the script could MDI some G-code through the LinuxCNC Python interface.

More
19 Aug 2020 13:00 #178707 by wdcnc
Cool, I think I can work with that. I hadn't even considered it. I'm on Mint 19 so it should be possible.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds