easy configuration change between mesa and internet

More
11 Dec 2018 19:44 #122228 by Camren360
Hey all,

I am trying to find a simple script or solution for re-configuring my computers networking so that I can connect to the internet via Ethernet to download stuff, and then disconnect from internet and reconnect to my mesa board without having to go and change the settings each time.

for whatever reason too just changing the network interface file from dhcp to static w/10.10.10.1 and proper submask and vice versa doesn't work for me. Today i spent an hour trying to get my computer back to dhcp and connected to the internet. I had to go in and change my network manager settings as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2018 20:29 - 11 Dec 2018 20:30 #122232 by PCW
You can make 2 named network interfaces with network manager and switch between them in the GUI...
_but_ Its much easier to just add a USB--> Ethernet dongle for internet and never have to futz again
Last edit: 11 Dec 2018 20:30 by PCW.

More
11 Dec 2018 20:56 #122234 by Camren360
Thanks for the help. That works great. I'll have to make the suggestion to my professor to get an USB Ethernet dongle for the machine. As far as that goes it would be able to work with the Mesa controller and internet at the same time right? No switching between networks?

More
11 Dec 2018 23:13 #122239 by PCW
Yeah, it works fine as long as you don't try to share the same interface
(all of our test systems have net access, pretty painful without it)

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds