Machine with 45 spindles

More
10 Mar 2019 16:07 - 13 Mar 2019 15:00 #128248 by bevins
I have a machine running linuxcnc master.

It has 45 spindles 3 9KW spindles being controlled via 7i77 and 43 drill spindles running off one spindle motor driven by a relay. Energize the relay and the 45 drill spindles turns at a set RPM.

Remap is working and all is working except shutting down the 43 spindle motor. I am looking for a way to de-energize a motion-digital-output when spindle-on transitions to off.

Probably easy to do but cant seem to dig it up.

Any ideas?
Last edit: 13 Mar 2019 15:00 by bevins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2019 17:26 #128254 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic Machine with 45 spindles
can you show a image
use a Relay and make motion.spindle.on to it and get the signal to all VFD
use a AND logic to set the Drills by Mcode

More
11 Mar 2019 12:48 #128318 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Machine with 45 spindles

It has 45 spindles 3 9KW spindles being controlled via 7i77 and 43 drill spindles

Unfortunately the multispindle capability of LinuxCNC only extends to 8 spindles.
It would be trivial to increase it. I wonder how many would be enough?

That said, I would be tempted to consider these 43 drill spindles as tools rather than spindles, and activate each one with the T-number and use $3 for all of the drills collectively. Then use spindle.3.is-on to control that motor.

More
11 Mar 2019 13:08 #128322 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Machine with 45 spindles

It has 45 spindles 3 9KW spindles being controlled via 7i77 and 43 drill spindles

Unfortunately the multispindle capability of LinuxCNC only extends to 8 spindles.
It would be trivial to increase it. I wonder how many would be enough?

That said, I would be tempted to consider these 43 drill spindles as tools rather than spindles, and activate each one with the T-number and use $3 for all of the drills collectively. Then use spindle.3.is-on to control that motor.

There is one motor for the 43 drills. I only need to control an extra spindle. I use motion.digital.out to start the motor in a remap. the problem is stopping it. The only way for it to stop in all scenario's is using it as a spindle. I need to turn off the motion.digital.out with M5 if its possible. That way when linuxcnc runs the M% the digital.motion.out turns off and shuts and my drill motor stops.

More
11 Mar 2019 13:29 #128330 by Todd Zuercher
I would definitely consider trying the multi-spindle capabilities of master,

Otherwise is would consider using some custom M-codes to either turn the drill spindle on/off directly, or use them to determine which spindles Linuxcnc's spindle commands are controlling. (That is how I've done such things on machines I've set up before Linuxcnc had the multi-spindle option in Master.)

More
11 Mar 2019 13:37 #128336 by bevins

I would definitely consider trying the multi-spindle capabilities of master,

Otherwise is would consider using some custom M-codes to either turn the drill spindle on/off directly, or use them to determine which spindles Linuxcnc's spindle commands are controlling. (That is how I've done such things on machines I've set up before Linuxcnc had the multi-spindle option in Master.)

The problem is I have no way to select spindle2 from CAM. I have to do it via motion.digital.out in remap, and have no way to turn it off other than M100 and turning off motion.digital.out if you can even do that.

More
11 Mar 2019 13:41 #128339 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Machine with 45 spindles
You could use the $ command in the remap (this is why I chose $, so that it could be remapped to match any other multi-spindle standard)

So, leave the CAM as it is, but operate the spindles with M3 $3 (etc) and you should be able to get the desired behaviour.

More
11 Mar 2019 13:49 - 11 Mar 2019 13:49 #128340 by bevins
Another way is to run a T1 M6 before M2 at the end because in my remap the first thing I do is make sure spindle is off and turn off motion.digital.out-54 which is drill motor. That way it makes sure no spindles are turning.

That may be a quick fix, but not ideal.
Last edit: 11 Mar 2019 13:49 by bevins.

More
11 Mar 2019 13:58 - 11 Mar 2019 13:59 #128344 by bevins

You could use the $ command in the remap (this is why I chose $, so that it could be remapped to match any other multi-spindle standard)

So, leave the CAM as it is, but operate the spindles with M3 $3 (etc) and you should be able to get the desired behaviour.

Sorry I replied while you were replying.

How would I do that since I am not controlling the speed in the remap. The M3 S18000 comes after the remap.

I am not using NGC. I am remapping in pure python.
Last edit: 11 Mar 2019 13:59 by bevins.

More
11 Mar 2019 14:04 #128345 by bevins
Andy, I think I get it.
In the remap I can run self.execute("M3 S100 $1")
and if I have spindle.1.on tied to motion.digital.out-54, then it will follow.

Can I just add the ini line fur multiple spindles and not change all the hal entries for spindle?

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds