Machine with 45 spindles

More
11 Mar 2019 14:47 #128350 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Machine with 45 spindles
Spindle.0 should remain unchanged if you add more spindles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2019 03:03 - 12 Mar 2019 03:05 #128411 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Machine with 45 spindles
I just edited the post for now to get it done with a M65.

still need to figure out when file is completed to raise all spindles. I dont feel like adding 43 lines to raise all.
Can I use M65 in a M100 ?

Last edit: 12 Mar 2019 03:05 by bevins.

More
12 Mar 2019 03:28 - 12 Mar 2019 03:29 #128412 by bevins
There is a time when spindle drops and when it picks up leaves the pocket and I have a M66 that timesout 3 seconds. My input is not working. I have to trace that out and get that to work then it wont wait for the timeoout. As soon as it raises all the way, Spindle-up will go true and it will move right away. that's why there is a wait there.
Last edit: 12 Mar 2019 03:29 by bevins.

More
12 Mar 2019 10:43 #128418 by andypugh

still need to figure out when file is completed to raise all spindles. I dont feel like adding 43 lines to raise all.
Can I use M65 in a M100 ?]

M100 can be any executable file. This means that is can't be G-code but could be Python, and the Python can send a set of MDI commands.

Alternatively you could re-map a code to withdraw all the spindles. M60 is available and seems almost relevant.
A re-map can be an ngc file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bevins

More
12 Mar 2019 10:58 #128419 by bevins

M100 can be any executable file. This means that is can't be G-code but could be Python, and the Python can send a set of MDI commands.

Alternatively you could re-map a code to withdraw all the spindles. M60 is available and seems almost relevant.

Thanks Andy, I forgot about that. Gonna have to learn how to do an ngc sub. However, python is a good idea because I have 44 to make sure they are retracted. A nice clean for loop. I'll have to ponder this one.

More
12 Mar 2019 11:05 #128420 by andypugh

Thanks Andy, I forgot about that. Gonna have to learn how to do an ngc sub. However, python is a good idea because I have 44 to make sure they are retracted. A nice clean for loop. I'll have to ponder this one.

A loop would do the trick, but I think I would use copy and paste to have a line for each spindle.

The reason for this is that it then leaves you with the option of doing something different with one or more of them.

More
12 Mar 2019 15:08 #128443 by bevins

If I remap M60, Do I make another toplevel in a different python directory than my M6 remap, or can I setup the same top level to direct the M60 remap and M6 remap? I am looking how to setup two remaps on same config but not having any luck.

More
12 Mar 2019 15:36 #128444 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic Machine with 45 spindles
in the video ther is only one Spindle and shure no space for 45 Spindles on the system
as there is a ATC in place that has quite a Action
Raising the tools one by one
why not the intire Col or Row
or make a chain and only one tool at the time

More
12 Mar 2019 15:56 #128448 by andypugh
[quote="bevins" post=128443If I remap M60, Do I make another toplevel in a different python directory than my M6 remap, or can I setup the same top level to direct the M60 remap and M6 remap? I am looking how to setup two remaps on same config but not having any luck.[/quote]

I don't actually know. But I would expect multiple remaps to share the same toplevel.py (which only ever does an "import remap") and then to also share a remap.py which contains multiple remap routines if python is needed.

An example of a multi-remap remap.py is here:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...ap/remap-io/remap.py

Note that for a G-code only remap you don't need any Python.

More
12 Mar 2019 17:09 - 12 Mar 2019 17:16 #128452 by Todd Zuercher
The machines I work with using similar drilling heads (not Linuxcnc machines) usually use a binary command in the g-code to command which of the drill spindles are up or down. I think I would try to duplicate that function with a custom M code. For example M100Pn where n= the integer representation of the binary command. To lower drills #1,3,5, and 7 at the same time n=85 (or 1+4+16+64). To command all 43 drills at the same time would be n=8796093022207 and all up would be M100P0. I'm not exactly sure how to write a python or bash script to read the integer set by P and then setp (or sets) all the appropriate hal pins, but it would seem like it shouldn't be too hard if you know anything much about programming those kind of scipts.
Last edit: 12 Mar 2019 17:16 by Todd Zuercher.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds