A small question about AC SERVO brake.

More
20 Mar 2019 13:32 #129057 by thang
Is it ok if i turn servo on but i dont release brake? For some reasons I want to release brake by another signal differance than servo on signal and do it manually.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2019 13:34 #129059 by pl7i92
you can use the X-enable to activate BREAK
if you got enopf pins you can do at all axis
The following user(s) said Thank You: thang

More
20 Mar 2019 13:41 #129062 by thang
I mean i turned servo on, but i still want to keep brake. And i will release brake when i control motor. Is this the way everyone use electromagnetic brake or do i have to release brake right after servo on?

More
20 Mar 2019 14:17 #129069 by bevins

I mean i turned servo on, but i still want to keep brake. And i will release brake when i control motor. Is this the way everyone use electromagnetic brake or do i have to release brake right after servo on?

I release the brake on my VMC Z with servo on and a delay before servo off. If I dont have brake on my Z it will drop to the table. If I apply the brake same time the servo gets turned off, the Z will drop an inch until the brake gets turned on.

More
20 Mar 2019 14:37 - 20 Mar 2019 14:39 #129070 by Todd Zuercher
You can use a time-delay hal component to delay the disabling of the servo drive until after the brake has locked the axis and another to delay the disabling of the brake until after the servo is enabled.

There is an example here:
forum.linuxcnc.org/24-hal-components/316...achine-on-off-button
Last edit: 20 Mar 2019 14:39 by Todd Zuercher.

More
21 Mar 2019 13:43 #129167 by andypugh
You might want to consider disabling the PID (or some aspects of the PID) while the brake is enabled.
If there is any offset between commanded and actual with the PID on and the I term active then there is a risk of I-term windup and a lurch when the brake is disabled.

You could use a mux2 in the HAL file to switch between two values of pid.N.maxerrorI
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/pid.9.html

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds