New user

More
01 May 2019 22:02 #132462 by dlaurence01
New user was created by dlaurence01
I'm a new user, using Fusion 360 to create the parts and tool paths for a Sherline mill. I've been trained on the traditional SolidWorks/MasterCAM/Haas combo, but I'm having trouble getting the program to run. I've posted it using the EMC setup from Fusion 360's database, but when I attempt to run the program it gives the error "can't do that (emc_task_plan_run) because the interpreter is already running. Is this a problem with the post processing or is there something else I'm missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2019 05:44 #132485 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic New user
welcome
there are lots of Videos on the YT to show shou how
BUT
Take a look on the FREE and Not online FreeCAD system
im in Germany and most of the Videos i make are in German
take a look on the overview
www.youtube.com/channel/UCGuJsIoXW-exBAwdn38dXow/videos

More
02 May 2019 19:52 #132562 by dlaurence01
Replied by dlaurence01 on topic New user
Thanks for your reply. However, I haven't found any videos on youtube addressing this error

More
03 May 2019 00:55 #132585 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic New user

it gives the error "can't do that (emc_task_plan_run) because the interpreter is already running. Is this a problem with the post processing or is there something else I'm missing?

That's nothing to do with the G-code.

Does the sample G-code run? (the one that loads at startup?)

The error rather suggests that a HAL input pin is being toggled. Can you try running G-code with the spindle off to see if it is an electrical noise issue?

More
04 May 2019 22:48 #132784 by dlaurence01
Replied by dlaurence01 on topic New user
I've actually gotten EMC to run part of a program, by starting the program after homing without any other actions taken. However, when it gets to the option stop, I can't get it to proceed. And all this has been done with the spindle off; I'm testing out a program to make parts for a new customer.

More
05 May 2019 01:51 #132795 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic New user
I rarely use the optional stop with Linuxcnc, so please forgive if I'm wrong. I think you press the pause button to resume (not the most intuitive thing)

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds