Controlling spindle speed on SiegX2 with 0-10v analogue on MX3660 output SOLVED

More
03 May 2019 08:08 #132609 by antona
HI All

I'm just trying to use all the functionality of my Leadshine MX3660 which controls my Sieg X2p mini mill. One of the things I would like is to have spindle speed, direction and on/off controlled by Linuxcnc rather than manually. I have three inputs spare which I am going to hook up to a rotary encoder for feedback and speed but what I really want to know about is how to use the analogue 0-10v out on the MX3660 to control the speed.

The manual potentiometer seems to be 0-4.7V and there is a switch (well connector for a switch) in the mills control box that you flip for forwards and reverse (I think a relay hooked up to an output would do forward reverse). So as the manual potentiometer is 0-4.7 volts I wondered how I can utilise the 0-10v to run it? Can I connect it direct with a voltage decreaser? Do I need seperate circuit boards? little machine shop in America do a unit for $125 ( here )but just wondering if an easy fix is on hand using cheaper components.

Cheers

Jools
Attachments contain photos of my power boards ..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2019 10:16 - 03 May 2019 10:18 #132613 by Clive S
Last edit: 03 May 2019 10:18 by Clive S.

More
03 May 2019 23:08 #132673 by InMyDarkestHour
It is the same, even signed off with the previous OP's name.
Me thinks this is a spammer.
Mayhaps we will see a few more posts such as this then the posts for discounted name brand goods.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds